Nvidia 600 series

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
I've found it really hard to find much info about this upcoming release, which is in only about a week or so. It will have 3 notebook variants, so I'm wondering whether to just wait until PCS get them before ordering my laptop. Anyone know if they will cause a price reduction in the 500 series? also (I'm finding it really hard to figure this out) how much better the 600 series will be, eg will the new cards be worth it, and how long does PCS normally take to get in new GPU releases?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If they're coming in a week you know more than what we do...:)

We haven't heard a thing yet.

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
Oh! I heard from an apparently 'reliable' source that they came out 6th december.. sorry all! Well that makes my life a little easier. I guess they'll release more info closer to release :)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Oh! I heard from an apparently 'reliable' source that they came out 6th december.. sorry all! Well that makes my life a little easier. I guess they'll release more info closer to release :)

This 'reliable' source also released a fake roadmap for piledriver too...

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Last i heard was Q1 next year, i think any talk of this year is hope more then expectation.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Not aware of anything on the 6th December. We don't normally hear of new releases until nearer the time, but nothing new is coming in 2011 I can pretty much guarantee that.

rawneat

This is a bit irrelevent but check this out, Cracks.jpg

loverdose

Bronze Level Poster
anandtech have an article today about the release of the 600m series...

GeForce GT 635M GeForce GT 555M
Core Name GF106/GF108 GF106/GF108
Stream Processors 144/96 144/96
Texture Units 24/16 24/16
ROPs 24/4 24/4
Core Clock 675/753MHz 675/753MHz
Memory Clock 1.8/3.6GHz DDR3/GDDR5 1.8/3.14GHz DDR3/GDDR5
Memory Bus Width 192/128-bit 192/128-bit
Memory Bandwidth 43.2/57.6GB/s 43.2/50.2GB/s

doesn't look like much of a change!

Bullseye

Darn, it always happens... I just received my laptop and a new GPU almost out in the market. Looking at the numbers it looks very similar, except for a +0.46GHz increase in memory clock and +7.4GB/s increase in memory bandwidth. Wonder how many FPS that means in actual tests.

Wondering consumption numbers as well.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
As I've mentioned before, the 600 series won't be here until around April on the notebook stock. Desktop GPUs will be replenished sooner than this.