Nvidia Drivers - Linux (Ubuntu, Arch)

Minu

Hello all,

Trying to install linux on my new rig (Spec to follow) however i am having some issues installing the nvidia driver. First of all in ubuntu 14.10 no additional drivers are listed as available. I have checked that the graphics card is being recognised by ubuntu as a 3D controller and it is (lspci). So i try installing manually by running the .run file from nvidias website, but that too fails with the message that the pre-install script failed. I have also tried the standard sudo apt-get install nvidia but this causes the system to fail on reboot, the mouse will move and the wallpaper is displayed but nothing else. I then tried switching to arch or antergos to be precise, again i tried running from nvidias script with the same fault. The log file i will post below. I have also tried installing the linux-headers-generic package

Code:
nvidia-installer log file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' creation time: Tue Feb 17 21:16:34 2015 installer version: 346.35 PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl nvidia-installer command line: ./nvidia-installer Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface -> Detected 8 CPUs online; setting concurrency level to 8. -> License accepted. -> Installing NVIDIA driver version 346.35. -> Performing CC sanity check with CC="/usr/bin/cc". ERROR: The kernel header file '/lib/modules/3.18.6-1-ARCH/build/include/linux/kernel.h' does not exist. The most likely reason for this is that the kernel source path '/lib/modules/3.18.6-1-ARCH/build' is incorrect. Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for your kernel and that they are properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM installed. If you know the correct kernel source files are installed, you may specify the kernel source path with the '--kernel-source-path' command line option. ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

spec of the machine is here

Code:
Chassis & Display
Optimus Series: 13.3" Glossy QHD+ IPS LED (3200x1800) (Special Offer)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4710MQ (2.50GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON SODIMM DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M - 2.0GB DDR5, 640 CUDA Cores - DirectX® 11
1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND 
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0
USB Options
3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery
13.3" Optimus Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62.16WH)
Power Cable
1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor
Keyboard Language
13.3" OPTIMUS SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
DVD Recovery Media
NO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED

Thank you

Minu

Issue solved by doing this

Code: