Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL release

Everon

Enthusiast
Hi guys, just to let anyone know thats interested that Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL driver is now available.

No idea how reliable it is, but i'm sure I will find out the hard way.

Cheers, Jay.

Outerarm

Installed it last night and had a quick game of BF3 - had no issues but was only gaming for 20 minutes, if that.

rickne

Master Poster
anyone noticed on laptops that in nvidia control panel Chrome or any other browser cant be changed from integrated graphics now.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Installed 327.23 and so far have had decent sessions on BF3, Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 with no issues at all.

Niao

Bronze Level Poster
This version is mostly for 700 series so whoever doesn't have one of these cards should not install it.

I read someone installed it for his 780 and started to reach high temperature after idling bf3 for a bit.
Which never happened before, he reverted his driver and everything was fine again. If you don't have a need to update
drivers, and everything is working fine the way your are, I advice to always wait a month or so before updating.

steaky360

This version is mostly for 700 series so whoever doesn't have one of these cards should not install it.

I don't think that's accurate Niao, nvidia have pointed out you still get performance gains on other series' GPU's too. So I don't think its a case of "don't install it if you don't have a 700 series".

If you want to wait, then I'd say wait till the full version rather than the beta comes out. Waiting won't make this version more stable as it isn't updated, they simply release another version if required :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I read someone installed it for his 780 and started to reach high temperature after idling bf3 for a bit.
Which never happened before, he reverted his driver and everything was fine again.

I installed it for my 780 and after a good few hours on BF3 and six hours on Far Cry 3 yesterday everything is as smooth as it was prior to the update. I never install beat drivers, only WHQL.

Niao

Bronze Level Poster
I don't think that's accurate Niao, nvidia have pointed out you still get performance gains on other series' GPU's too. So I don't think its a case of "don't install it if you don't have a 700 series".

If you want to wait, then I'd say wait till the full version rather than the beta comes out. Waiting won't make this version more stable as it isn't updated, they simply release another version if required :)

Sorry I meant for the series 400/500/600/700, and wanted to say if you have a laptop stay away. :D

And I also meant, WHQL doesn't mean it is totally safe to update to. We have seen in the past a lot of drivers WHQL reported "falsy" with different games. Thats why I recommend, if you don t want to test yourself, and are HAPPY with what you have, the driver to not update to before the community tried it one more time.

@Boozad : Well I just reported what I read. Doesn't mean it will happen to everyone. I think it is fair to warn everyone that someone experienced it. ;)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
@Boozad : Well I just reported what I read. Doesn't mean it will happen to everyone. I think it is fair to warn everyone that someone experienced it. ;)

You can report what you read from me now too. :tt2:

hopefully they bring stability improvements to my GTX560, i have had nothing but grief this month trying to understand why windows was hanging all the time, and why i couldn't access one of my screens after. Only after trying all sorts of tests, and installing an old video driver started working again.