Nvidia GeForce 337.88 Driver

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Just popped up on Nvidia Experience.

here's the manual link for those who are interested.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75991/en-us

edit, toms top tip.
Start menu, computer, C drive, Nvidia, display driver, - in there sometimes you will see lists of your old drivers... worth deleting them. - obviously don't delete the drivers you are using now though.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Very good, just in time 86% downloaded of Watch Dogs

Good to see performance starting to improve on >1080 resolutions. Hopefully soon it will be ok to play above 1080p without such a powerful system.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Awesome, cheers for the heads up, have heard there are some major improvements with this update if the previous beta was anything to go by...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Tbh I don't use the Experience for much, but I do appreciate it when it pops up, even mid game, to tell me about new drivers :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Can you give a heads up on first impressions... am tempted by that one.

So after about 45 minutes of play my verdict so far is 'good'.

Could go into a lot of detail

Graphics are great
A lot of attention to small details, lots of unique civilian IDs etc.
Lots of potential for modding like GTA games
FOV needs to be higher and mouse acceleration is annoying
Hacking system is cool takes a bit of getting used to as it is new.
I haven't gotten enough into the story yet to comment, but there is one that I can see building up so far.

Probably won't get to play it much again for a few weeks, but after that I'll definitely look at completing this one (not many are like that for me)

D1craig

Enthusiast
Just got an email for amd drivers and it made me think "why don't we see these threads about amd drivers?"

Are we nvidia fan boys?

My next gpu will be nvidia.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just got an email for amd drivers and it made me think "why don't we see these threads about amd drivers?"

Are we nvidia fan boys?

My next gpu will be nvidia.

Well, for starters the market share was about 75% Nvidia 25% AMD last time I checked.

And yes a lot of the active users have Nvidia cards

D1craig

Enthusiast
Well I will be able to join in soon :)

Wasn't an insult or anything. I just thought I would share my thoughts lmao

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just seems to be a preference of many of the regulars, if you've not had a bad experience why change? Even though they are slightly more pricey, I will go with Nvidia for the foreseeable future unless AMD change something.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been with AMD for my past 2 pc's and got annoyed with their driver support. For that reason I'll now always pay a bit more for nVidia.

D1craig

Enthusiast
Nothing against amd apart from how often they have new drivers. Just everyone seems to go nvidia so now that I'm paying attention to computer gaming I figure I may aswell check out nvidia and see what's going in with them aswell. Everytime I get set to Buying the new gpu something pops up and surprises me... Like my car tax lol.

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
Watchdogs is an awesome game, unfortunately you cant play it with ultra textures unless you have 3GB vram but it looks amazing with "high" textures anyway. TBH its quite demanding game if your system can handle it. I would highly recommend it. I just completed it and took me 8hrs, I did lots of side quests and a bit of exploration as well. I can see myself hopping onto it for some police chase fun or the online racing (So good hacking lights/blockers/steam valves to mess up your opponent! Bit like mario kart xD)
You can choose to approach missions as stealth, hacker or gun slinger so lots of different ways to complete the story, meaning re-playability too.
If you were thinking about going SLI or upgrading graphics card, now is a good time to do it as it comes free with purchase of some GTX cards.
Good luck! x

D1craig

Enthusiast
You have just made me not want this game lol. 8hours and you did some side quests? I have games on iPhone that have more to do lmao.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
They've probably kept half the game for DLC :( I haven't had a chance to complete it myself but I'd have hoped that the base campaign was 8 hours alone not including any side quests. Oh how I worry about the direction in which the games industry is heading.

D1craig

Enthusiast
gaming is heading towards online ffa. thats what happened to all the cod games and fps thats why i dont play them, they have 8 hours max story and then concentrate 90% on online, sickens me tbh. also i cant play them because i like to take things in lol and thats gets you killed lmfao

gone are the days of Baldur's Gate with over 200hours gameplay. saying that i never completed a pc baldurs gate game cos they where to long lmao

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not really true of all games. Genre is key. Proper RPGs still have masses of SP game play. FPS games, and the current stock of Action/Adventure/RPG things seem to follow the FPS route more than the RPG route, but then that could change again for all we know.

I do agree though that studios should really start putting more effort into the SP portion of games, even if MP is their long-game.

A review of Wolfenstein praised them for just this. Slightly different as there is no MP, but still that they put actual effort into a SP FPS game :)

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
OHHHH My mistake!!! Big mistake.

When you exit the game it says "Time played: x hours and x minutes" After the final mission I logged out and saw it said time played 8hrs. I just went on it to test and now it says "time played: 0 hours and 1 minutes" so it shows how long that session lasted.

So yeah I probably played it for 32 hours or more if I was doing 8 hour gaming sessions and not releasing!!! It is an amazing game!! I really should get a job... once I have grasped the concept of time. :eek:

I am so so sorry for brining false information and and making this amazing game seem low on content/playability. Darn I am so embarrassed xD

Last edited: