Nvidia GTX675M crashes

hanyan

Hello there, I just bought a Vortex III about 3 months ago and yesterday, it kept crashing while i was playing computer games.

it was perfect all these while until yesterday, when i was playing dota 2 after through the game in about 5 minutes, the screen went off into flashing colorful lights and nothing can be done to restore the display. therefore i need to get it restarted, and then i tried playing the game again and the same thing occurred. after that, i tried playing other games like, skyrim and diablo 3, and the same thing happened again after 4 -5 minutes of gameplay.

this only happens during gaming.

does anyone know what is going on with the gpu?

thanks

Pagey

Bright Spark
Sounds like the GPU is overheating, iirc the coolers for the CPU and GPU on the Vortex III are separate and if you game a lot then there is a high chance there is a LOT of dust on it.

If it's never been cleaned, it can never hurt to check.

hanyan

thank you for your helpful suggestion. i have just installed a new driver from nvidia. and so far, it has been working fine. no crashes yet. and i hope it will wont happen anytime soon. lol

thanks btw.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
thank you for your helpful suggestion. i have just installed a new driver from nvidia. and so far, it has been working fine. no crashes yet. and i hope it will wont happen anytime soon. lol

thanks btw.
Fingers crossed,might be worth monitoring the temps just to make sure it's not a problem as Pagey suggested.