NVidia RTX 3060ti

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi All

The next release in NVidias arsenal is the 3060ti and I know a lot of you are waiting for this one.

The assumption is this may be a mid range 1440p / very high end competitive 1080p card. It's roughly the equivalent of the RTX 2080

A recent listing on Chinese site has it around the £350 mark:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Rumours surfacing that announcement for the 3060ti may be on the 17/11, so possible release date maybe a couple of weeks later at the end of november

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It'll depend on stock how much that will affect them. I don't trust anything with Nvidia stocks/delays though. I just have my cynical head on wondering if they are delaying it so that it gives them more time to sell 3070s/3080s for Christmas due to the demand and supply issues.

If it was released mid-November it would be the Christmas go to. With late November peoples hands are being forced to spend more. Not fair on the consumers IMO.

Gavras

Master Poster
More info coming out on the RTX 3060 Ti

it’s looking like this is going to be a great card, best bang for buck.

Unless AMD release something appealing at this price / performance point this is what will be going for.

Order Dec 2020 and receive Dec 2021 😂

Attachments

• 4A3DA1D5-C550-4B20-8459-81AB4AD73676.jpeg
    4A3DA1D5-C550-4B20-8459-81AB4AD73676.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 140

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
More info coming out on the RTX 3060 Ti

it’s looking like this is going to be a great card, best bang for buck.

Unless AMD release something appealing at this price / performance point this is what will be going for.

Order Dec 2020 and receive Dec 2021 😂
You expecting them to come through that quick....................

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
3060Ti is exactly where I thought it would be. I think that officially makes mainstream 1080p officially dead. People will of course still use it in their numbers, but the tech has moved past that resolution. Save for hitting up the bloom, grass, shadows and super sampling, 1080p is pointless.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
3060Ti is exactly where I thought it would be. I think that officially makes mainstream 1080p officially dead. People will of course still use it in their numbers, but the tech has moved past that resolution. Save for hitting up the bloom, grass, shadows and super sampling, 1080p is pointless.
Couldn’t agree more and it’s about time. After experiencing 1440p you realise just how poor 1080p really is, and it’s around 20 years since it was the go to gaming resolution.

Gavras

Master Poster
Agreed for a new Gaming PC user, however for anyone with a good 1080p or as is often the case 2 or 3 of them, it’s not a simple prospect to upgrade.

Also those that do not really use them for gaming, home use etc and onboard graphics.

for example cheap pc for homework, emails and O365 type stuff.

For offices where desk space is at a premium and PC’s come with onboard Graphics, then they will keep using them.

For industrial applications, everything is pretty much 1080p, never seen an industrial 1440p screen, have seen 4K (as was involved in design, testing and sign off).

Yes for gaming but there is a huge use outside gaming.

it’s a bit like saying petrol cars are dead and come 2030, you can only buy full electric (and then say that includes used).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Agreed for a new Gaming PC user, however for anyone with a good 1080p or as is often the case 2 or 3 of them, it’s not a simple prospect to upgrade.

Also those that do not really use them for gaming, home use etc and onboard graphics.

For offices where desk space is at a premium and PC’s come with onboard Graphics, then they will keep using them.

For industrial applications, everything is pretty much 1080p, never seen an industrial 1440p screen, have seen 4K (as was involved in design, testing and sign off).

it’s a bit like saying petrol cars are dead and come 2030, you can only buy full electric (and then say that includes used).
There are already mainstream apps, thinking of things like iCue which is simply a side monitoring tool that completely overwhelm a 1080p screen. That shows that the gaming market is already thinking beyond 1080p as a standard.

This is exactly how it happened with 720p, the gaming market moved to 1080p and within a couple of years, 720p screens just weren't made anymore.

The gaming market and movie market move monitor and TV resolutions.

There will always be "custom" providers and legacy stocks, but you'll find prices will rise on those as stocks begin to dry up until it's a very niche and expensive option.

But businesses only use 1080p because they were the mainstream for gamers and therefor the tooling was already set. Business will skip 1440p and go straight to 4k whereas gaming will now settle on 1440p for the majority of users. 4k for productivity is so much more valuable than 1440p and around the same cost anyway.

Gavras

Master Poster
Further update on 3060 Ti, it looks like NDA will be lifted on 2 Dec @ 1400, which is potentially when it goes on sale.

Price.... I reckon (based on $ estimates) £380 to £425.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

I agree with all of that but I mean more a steak in the ground moment.

The 2060 was the last mainstream top tier gaming card aimed at high end 1080p, actually designed and marketed to cover this area. Anyone buying a new gaming system, with the budget of course, would be wanting to start their line of sight at the 3060Ti paired with a 1440p 144hz monitor. That would be the new baseline IMO. There will, of course, be less powerful cards aimed at 1080p (and other uses/resolutions) but they are an afterthought to cover all budgets. The big 3 are always going to take the headlines and all of them perform way past that which would be required for 1080p.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Further update on 3060 Ti, it looks like NDA will be lifted on 2 Dec @ 1400, which is potentially when it goes on sale.

Price.... I reckon (based on $ estimates) £380 to £425.

That's a little higher than I expected. All is not lost with my 2080 :ROFLMAO:

Gavras

Master Poster
There are already mainstream apps, thinking of things like iCue which is simply a side monitoring tool that completely overwhelm a 1080p screen. That shows that the gaming market is already thinking beyond 1080p as a standard.

This is exactly how it happened with 720p, the gaming market moved to 1080p and within a couple of years, 720p screens just weren't made anymore.

The gaming market and movie market move monitor and TV resolutions.

There will always be "custom" providers and legacy stocks, but you'll find prices will rise on those as stocks begin to dry up until it's a very niche and expensive option.

But businesses only use 1080p because they were the mainstream for gamers and therefor the tooling was already set. Business will skip 1440p and go straight to 4k whereas gaming will now settle on 1440p for the majority of users. 4k for productivity is so much more valuable than 1440p and around the same cost anyway.
Okay then the entire NHS, doctors surgeries etc are to bin their 1080p screens and buy 4K screens... and also graphics cards to power a 4k screen.

business only use 1080p because they pretty much funded the move by volume sales, which helped reduce overall productivity costs.

it was mainly TV, DVD that pushed HD panels.

industrial wise I know my previous place our spend on screens (including repairs) was millions.

we looked at 4K 24” screens but the repair costs were considerably higher than 1080p panel.

it also involved a more expensive graphics card.

As for stocks drying up a number of companies have 10 year support in place for 24” screens (we had 5 year support in place), finger in air my previous company volume was 500k screens within the eco system, new stock around 30k.

As for gaming and 1440, I really think 1440 is the one that will die out.

Sony really jumped at 1440p with new Console..

For gaming yep no problem, industrial use... it’s a big spend for them. Long term projects yes I could see it occurring, however explaining to a CFO that you want to replace working screens with 4K ones and upgrade PC, oh and won’t notice a huge difference....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay then the entire NHS, doctors surgeries etc are to bin their 1080p screens and buy 4K screens... and also graphics cards to power a 4k screen.
Who said anything like that? You use the 1080p until it dies and you need to replace it, they don't even pay per screen, they pay a contract cost to the supplier, then you get a 4k screen. And on board gpu will happily power a 4k screen you don't need any special hardware?
it was mainly TV, DVD that pushed HD panels.
That's not correct, TV was still on 720p when gaming moved to 1080p. Remember 720p was initially labelled HD before 1080 became mainstream. At that time, TV was far behind PC.
it also involved a more expensive graphics card.
I don't understand where you're getting this from, this just isn't accurate?
however explaining to a CFO that you want to replace working screens with 4K ones and upgrade PC, oh and won’t notice a huge difference....
Again, not sure whoever mentioned you'd replace fully working screens, that's obviously nonsense, no one would be expected to do that.

Gavras

Master Poster
That's a little higher than I expected. All is not lost with my 2080 :ROFLMAO:
I am hoping it drops as will be hopefully an early buyer (breaking a rule).

It would be good if AMD released more details on their challenge to 3060Ti.

Originally plan was screen and card at same time, however still waiting to move house.

it’s a bit of a 3 horse race at moment.

what will happen first.

Move house
buy a 3060 Ti
Hell freeze over..

I did notice this bloke buying a Canada Goose jacket, his aftershave was bit sulphurous...

Gavras

Master Poster
Who said anything like that? You use the 1080p until it dies and you need to replace it, they don't even pay per screen, they pay a contract cost to the supplier, then you get a 4k screen. And on board gpu will happily power a 4k screen you don't need any special hardware?

That's not correct, TV was still on 720p when gaming moved to 1080p. Remember 720p was initially labelled HD before 1080 became mainstream. At that time, TV was far behind PC.

I don't understand where you're getting this from, this just isn't accurate?

Again, not sure whoever mentioned you'd replace fully working screens, that's obviously nonsense, no one would be expected to do that.
Contracts for things like screens are not that clear cut for something like this.

I would hazard an educated guess that the contract overall pricing includes costs for the repair of broken or unserviceable screens.

those may go back in to NHS or be repurposed to other organisations etc.

at the moment unless smashed a screen failure invariably means simply replacing the AD card or backlight, or possibly the panel.

the panel is the most expensive part of the monitor but even then it’s a good bit lower than a new screen.

Backlights and other internals are fairly cheap (in scheme of things v replacing a full monitor).

Once spares dry up, as they will it’s all part of managing an end of life product.

Move to 4K, it’s a full screen replacement, rather than a panel or an AD card or backlight.

Who is going to eat the cost difference between a repair and a full replacement?

The contract organisation supplying screens?... doubt it, they will pass costs as an uplift to existing contract.

Once something as basic as an AD card, backlight etc goes end of life, then every screen failure within NHS would be a new 4K screen.

This does mean someone needs to fund new 4K stock in volume and associated support spares.

it needs to be volume to get the best price.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The 3060Ti will be £450+ once you factor in the complete inability to actually buy one before 2021, just like all of this year's launches! :ROFLMAO: