Nvidia Surround Games Crash

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hello guys,

Im having a slight problem with the Nvidia Surround function.

I have tested each card on its own and in single monitor SLI mode and having no problems at all getting superb performance.

I wanted to try out Nvidia Surround and it worked for a whole night of Alien Isolation at a resolution of 5040 x 1050.

The next day i tried it out on Tomb Raider and Hitman and it failed. at the 5040 x 1050 res however would work at Geforce experience lower resolution optimisation, then when I increase the resolution to the native 5040 x 1050 it freezes. The screens freeze i cannot ALT TAB or any other interupt or multitask command. Sound continues and i end up having to hard reset.

I then went back to Alien and after 10 minutes of play encountered the same problem.

My monitors are;

Running at a resolution of 5040 x 1050 i have

Monitor one (Left) DEL 22in max 1680 x 1050 connected through DVI GPU 1
Monitor two (central) Samsung 24in max 1080 connected to USB to DVI GPU 1
Monitor Three (Right) DEL 22in max 1680 x 1050 connected to DVI to Diplay port GPU1

I also tried monitor three in GPU2 DVI to DVI but with the same result.

When i return to single 1080 monitor it benchmarks perfectly. Temperatures also seem fine.

I dont know if its related but if i try to run heavenly benchmark with OPENGL it doesn't perform at all and the screen freezes and i get an error stating "The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue." This might be another problem or something completely irrelevant. I might just be benchmarking OPENGL at too hight a setting.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

steaky360

My first thought was that its an odd resolution to be running at, could be worth checking if there are other conflicts at 5040x1050?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Looking at other sources there are other people seem to run at that resolution but im finding very little information on any problems.

Games that seem to be running fine are

Alien Isolation (1 Crash)
Borderlands 2 works fine
Deus Ex, Human revolution works fine.

So far a big NIT to

Hitman (Although it worked once)
Tomb Raider is a definite no.

It just SO annoying to trouble shoot as you have to hard reset every time it happens. Not sure if hitting that button on the computer is good for it.