Nvidia vs Palit

KarlAggo

Hi All

Would really appreciate your help please.

Simple question (I hope):

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti vs Palit GeForce RTX 3070 TI GamingPro OC​

Which is better?

KarlAggo

thank you mehhus, but that's a little complicated for me, is there a more generalised 'which one is better'?

DarTon

I think the more pertinent question is which is cheaper? Performance difference is minimal, cooling better on Palit, resale better on FE.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
thank you mehhus, but that's a little complicated for me, is there a more generalised 'which one is better'?
The page has a banner saying 'Comparison Winner' and a graph showing which areas it's better...how much more info do you need?

Ignore those Amazon prices too, as they're obviously scalper prices. RRPs are probably less than half of those!

DarTon

Umm. I didn't think PCS offered FE cards. Typically it's Zotac or Palit with the occassional sprinkling of Gigabyte, MSI and EVGA. It says on the configurator "Palit or Zotac Branded".

At a flat spread, in pure performance/thermals term, I'd take the Palit over the FE. The FE has poorer thermals, mainly due to the rubbish thermal pads Nvidia use rather than the cooling. The FE looks nicer in my view (since I hate RGB stuff) and has some cache which improves resale values

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah no PCS do not supply FE cards, only Scan in the UK I believe can sell those cards

PCS have never offered FE cards. I'm sure you're mistaken mate

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's directly from my build information....
It states in the configurator and other places that its not the FE, an nvidia card is just the GPU silicon that's used, so it's either nvidia or AMD. An nvidia FE is a model made by nvidia, but that's not what that's stating, its just saying its an nvidoa GPU. That's the selection that gives a pot luck model. There's no difference in performance though between them.

Shien

Bronze Level Poster
I think it's a nosense fight.. the difference are so minimal.. the best One Is the cheapest One.. in both you have the 3070 ti chip.. that's only matter..
It's like Say "waaa i got 1 FPS more and 1° less hottttt waa"

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
This is what the config shows so its pretty clear its not an Nvidia card, just Nvidia Georforce chipset and architecture:

1631877937998.png

DarTon

No system integrator actually sells builds with 3070 Ti FE cards.

There have only been 3 tranches of 3070 Ti FE cards released in the UK by Nvidia via Scan. Last drop was 18th August. At £529, they all went in about 30 seconds!