Octane VI Windows 11, Clevo ControlCenter features

Buddy1913

Hey all,
I've recently upgraded my Octane VI laptop (9700k, RTX 2080) with a new NVMe SSD and a fresh install of Windows 11, few years fresh fade you know?
Anyway, everything is installed and working with the exeption of Clevo ControlCenter 2.0 (v1.0.78) it's running and the hotkey stuff is there, but the moment anyhting is done on the OSD it will close out, further no overclocking or monitoring features actually seem to work. only basic Keyboard LED controls, and "Performance" "Quiet" etc controls assuming they appear at all.

Has anyone been able to get it working properly under W11? not a massive issue as OC is rather dangerous (read don't do it!) on a laptop but it was useful to underclock to help keep cool and quiet when doing low-power things like multimedia or basic office stuff.

Disclaimers: Yes i know W11 is not directly supported by PCS/Clevo on this chassis, yes i'm aware is a P775TM1 (-G?) aaaand well the thing is out of warranty and is most definately not stock anymore thanks to new RAM, SSDs, Wifi 6e card and an Optane module. not upset if it is a matter of "yea it wont work"

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey all,
I've recently upgraded my Octane VI laptop (9700k, RTX 2080) with a new NVMe SSD and a fresh install of Windows 11, few years fresh fade you know?
Anyway, everything is installed and working with the exeption of Clevo ControlCenter 2.0 (v1.0.78) it's running and the hotkey stuff is there, but the moment anyhting is done on the OSD it will close out, further no overclocking or monitoring features actually seem to work. only basic Keyboard LED controls, and "Performance" "Quiet" etc controls assuming they appear at all.

Has anyone been able to get it working properly under W11? not a massive issue as OC is rather dangerous (read don't do it!) on a laptop but it was useful to underclock to help keep cool and quiet when doing low-power things like multimedia or basic office stuff.

Disclaimers: Yes i know W11 is not directly supported by PCS/Clevo on this chassis, yes i'm aware is a P775TM1 (-G?) aaaand well the thing is out of warranty and is most definately not stock anymore thanks to new RAM, SSDs, Wifi 6e card and an Optane module. not upset if it is a matter of "yea it wont work"
Can you post your full specs from the order page?

If you've upgraded from Windows 10, you need a windows 11 compatible hotkey, the windows 10 version isn't supported. That’s assuming the mobo has a TPM on board and you haven’t hacked the windows 11 installer as if that’s the case, then no it won’t work.

I take it you’ve checked your account as the windows 11 version should be there

You'd need to contact PCS for an updated version assuming you bought it from them and have an account.

Last edited:

Buddy1913

ou've upgraded from Windows 10, you need a windows 11 compatible hotkey, the windows 10 version isn't supported. That’s assuming the mobo has a TPM on board and you haven’t hacked the windows 11 installer as if that’s

Sure thing, See attached PNG for Original Specs, (though note Wifi, Storage and Memory have been changed since original Warranty expired)

The Mobo does indeed have TPM 2.0 onboard, no hacky workarounds to get W11 installed thankfully!

I have checked the Downloads area of my account and Windows 11 only contains Recovery ISOs

Attachments

• PCSOctaneVI.png
    PCSOctaneVI.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 31

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sure thing, See attached PNG for Original Specs, (though note Wifi, Storage and Memory have been changed since original Warranty expired)

The Mobo does indeed have TPM 2.0 onboard, no hacky workarounds to get W11 installed thankfully!

I have checked the Downloads area of my account and Windows 11 only contains Recovery ISOs
Contact PCS then for a control center update

Buddy1913

Contact PCS then for a control center update
So, I have an update!
For reference ControlCenter 2.0 (v1.0.78) is the latest available version, and there are no updates available for it (at time of writing 2024-04-03).

I have however found that it makes use of Intel Extreme Tuning Utility packages. these packages will not function if Windows Defender Core Isoliation - Memory Integrity is enabled. this is a known imcompatibility on the Intel side.

Thought it would be useful to note here just in case anyone else comes looking.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, I have an update!
For reference ControlCenter 2.0 (v1.0.78) is the latest available version, and there are no updates available for it (at time of writing 2024-04-03).

I have however found that it makes use of Intel Extreme Tuning Utility packages. these packages will not function if Windows Defender Core Isoliation - Memory Integrity is enabled. this is a known imcompatibility on the Intel side.

Thought it would be useful to note here just in case anyone else comes looking.
This isn't quite accurate, XTU is compatible with Core Isolation on 12th Gen and newer processors if Intel Undervolt Protection is NOT enabled in the BIOS

"Intel® XTU is incompatible with Windows VBS if Undervolt Protection is not enabled in BIOS. Undervolt Protection is only available for 12th Generation and newer."

But for gaming, you would always have Core Isolation disabled anyway as it negatively affects performance.

Last edited:

Buddy1913

This isn't quite accurate, XTU is compatible with Core Isolation on 12th Gen and newer processors if Intel Undervolt Protection is NOT enabled in the BIOS

"Intel® XTU is incompatible with Windows VBS if Undervolt Protection is not enabled in BIOS. Undervolt Protection is only available for 12th Generation and newer."

But for gaming, you would always have Core Isolation disabled anyway as it negatively affects performance.

well i was only noting what resolved the issue, as i am on a 9th gen and there is no undervolt protection options in the UEFI and it all started working upon disabling protected memory.

my bad for not being 100% accurate, honestly i didn't look That hard into it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
well i was only noting what resolved the issue, as i am on a 9th gen and there is no undervolt protection options in the UEFI and it all started working upon disabling protected memory.

my bad for not being 100% accurate, honestly i didn't look That hard into it.
No no, absolutely no problem with what you fed back, it’s unquestionably the solution.

Just important to point out it’s not the case for any intel cpu so people with newer chassis can make a choice.