Octane VII Wobbly or Broken HDMI Port

Hi,

I've passed this onto Tech Support but wondered if anyone else owning any of the Octane models has a HDMI port with quite a lot of up and down give? I'm worried the port isn't as well attached to the PCB as it could be; or am I just being paranoid?

Here's a 4 second video of the potential issue:

This is on the Octane VII

Cheers to anyone who responds in advance!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That doesn't look right to me. I'd be interested to hear what PCS say...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That doesn't look right to me. I'd be interested to hear what PCS say...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. They've said to see how it goes over the next few weeks but plugging and unplugging the HDMI is not something I do often. It's one of those things I can see being a problem down the line, but guessing they're not going to want to fix it until it's fully broken 😁

It's one of those things I can see breaking fully the day after my 1 year parts and labour warranty runs out.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's one of those things I can see breaking fully the day after my 1 year parts and labour warranty runs out.

Make sure your fault report is in writing and dated. If you can, get written evidence that PCS have advised you to wait. That way you can prove in the future that you advised them of the problem during your warranty and they told you to wait. That should cover you if it finally breaks more than 12 months later.

Sent using Tapatalk