Oculus rift S without a GPU linked type-C port (vyper-15)

De_synced

As many oculus rift users may already have expirenced, it require a DP port, which some "VR ready" laptops don't even have, let alone my vyper. Specs wise, my laptop meets the minimum reqirements, so i have no doubts it will run, but setting it up is a nightmare.

According to Phyx, my type-C is linked to my iGpu and therefore cant be used for Oculus, HDMI is linked to my dGPU. Is there a way to rewire my type-C so it links to my dGpu? or is there a way to run the rift with just my current ports?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As many oculus rift users may already have expirenced, it require a DP port, which some "VR ready" laptops don't even have, let alone my vyper. Specs wise, my laptop meets the minimum reqirements, so i have no doubts it will run, but setting it up is a nightmare.

According to Phyx, my type-C is linked to my iGpu and therefore cant be used for Oculus, HDMI is linked to my dGPU. Is there a way to rewire my type-C so it links to my dGpu? or is there a way to run the rift with just my current ports?
No, the sockets are part of the motherboard, as is the gpu. There is no way of moving the ports on the motherboard.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If it's HDMI 2.0 on the Vyper (and I'm not sure if it is) would an HDMI to DP converter be an option?