Omicron - Plan B (8th Dec 2021)

EchoDarkly

Hey all,

So, I wasn’t in the PC-building-game back during the original COVID lockdowns.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge/memories of how PCS operated during that time, given that the new Omicron variant has put us into Plan B lockdown, with home working.

I was curious about queues, build times, delivery etc. Was there a significant impact?

Obviously, it’s a bit of a selfish question, as I’m currently waiting on my first ever gaming PC (oh, how that 3080 eludes me, the temptress!!), but I’m also just genuinely curious. I’ve been working from home since March 2020 and wondering how the rest of the commercial world gets on.

👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They kept building as much as possible, naturally things were less efficient than with no pandemic, but I think that applied to everything

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just out of curiosity… does anyone else think of Lrrr from Futurama every time the word Omicron is mentioned?

6EC2E596-9931-4440-87C7-82FF6693C7F3.jpeg

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hey all,

So, I wasn’t in the PC-building-game back during the original COVID lockdowns.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge/memories of how PCS operated during that time, given that the new Omicron variant has put us into Plan B lockdown, with home working.

I was curious about queues, build times, delivery etc. Was there a significant impact?

Obviously, it’s a bit of a selfish question, as I’m currently waiting on my first ever gaming PC (oh, how that 3080 eludes me, the temptress!!), but I’m also just genuinely curious. I’ve been working from home since March 2020 and wondering how the rest of the commercial world gets on.

👍
Original lockdowns? Ah you mean just after the "Before Times".

Things were a bit flipping mental (technical term!) as obviously all this wonderful hardware had just launched and the world and his wife (and their kids, grannies, dogs, cats and goldfish) were desperately trying to get their hands on it. There was a definite impact, but that was as much down to severe shortages as it was PCS Covid stuff.

As has been said, PCS did a decent job of trying to get PCs out when they could while keeping staff safe. I was in the 3080 queue myself having ordered beginning of October last year and received my pride and joy the week of Christmas.