One-liners

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
koloui - Copy.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hang on, @ubuysa may be appearing at some point to interject. He knows his Greek. And his onions… His grunions
An onion (Allium cepa L., from Latin cepa meaning "onion"), also known as the bulb onion or common onion, is a vegetable that is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Allium. The shallot is a botanical variety of the onion which was classified as a separate species until 2011.  Its close relatives include garlic, scallion, leek, and chive.

And for the record, the Euripides/Eumenides joke was.......funny! :ROFLMAO:

I might tell it to my Greek friends......on second thoughts I'd better not.......

And yes, the onion stuff is from Wikipedia.....

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
FYI I just told it to one of my Greek friends..........and then had to explain why it's funny. 🫣

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
An onion (Allium cepa L., from Latin cepa meaning "onion"), also known as the bulb onion or common onion, is a vegetable that is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Allium. The shallot is a botanical variety of the onion which was classified as a separate species until 2011.  Its close relatives include garlic, scallion, leek, and chive.

And for the record, the Euripides/Eumenides joke was.......funny! :ROFLMAO:

I might tell it to my Greek friends......on second thoughts I'd better not.......

And yes, the onion stuff is from Wikipedia.....

good to know, i think, well, it couldnt hurt.