One-liners

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hang on....hang the futtock on.....

The Earth has a diameter of about 7926 miles at the Equator, and that green belt extends outwards from the Earth by at least the diameter of the Earth in each direction. Since Space officially begins 62 miles above the surface of the Earth, there must be a really very high risk of attack by space bears. Do NASA know I wonder?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hang on....hang the futtock on.....

The Earth has a diameter of about 7926 miles at the Equator, and that green belt extends outwards from the Earth by at least the diameter of the Earth in each direction. Since Space officially begins 62 miles above the surface of the Earth, there must be a really very high risk of attack by space bears. Do NASA know I wonder?
This is pretty conclusive. I've alerted the admins, I'm sure they have ties to NASA

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

neptune be like

30r1af-652884557 - Copy.png

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I wonder how many Karl's there are too a Carlos...
1.2, the Europeans have a slight height advantage.
Which is also the reason the Olympic committee haven’t adopted this system. There’s been endless arguments whether Usain Bolt holds the record for the 78.6 Carlos or 81.4 Karl sprint.

Rumour has it there’s a Czech bloke called Karel who is exactly two metres tall. He may just be the hero Gotham needs and can set the record straight once and for all…but if he buys a pair of platform shoes we’re back to square one.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Don't get your units mixed up....

On September 23, 1999 NASA lost the $125 million Mars Climate Orbiter spacecraft after a 286-day journey to Mars. Miscalculations due to the use of English units instead of metric units apparently sent the craft slowly off course -- 60 miles in all. Thrusters used to help point the spacecraft had, over the course of months, been fired incorrectly because data used to control the wheels were calculated in incorrect units. Lockheed Martin, which was performing the calculations, was sending thruster data in English units (pounds) to NASA, while NASA's navigation team was expecting metric units (Newtons).