One year on

omens

Gold Level Poster
Didn't know where else to post this so stuck it here. Feel free to move as required.

I thought I'd post about my laptop. It's now twelve months since I purchased the laptop. Specs as below:

Vortex II
17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen
i7 Quad Core i7-2720QM (2.20GHz) 6MB Cache
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M
500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
SONY BD-5730S 6x BLURAY WRITER
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD

Total cost was around £2000.

There was the inevitable wait, and then the delay because the courier tried to deliver whilst I was out (thankfully they rang and I rearranged delivery).

I've had no issues with the screen. Matte meant no reflections. I had no issues with DVD/games etc. The spec has been fine and ran Skyrim at full settings perfectly. I've since added the Seagate Momentus XT hybrid HDD into the spare slot, which was easy enough to do. Boot times have rapidly improved and I'm down to 40 seconds.

There have only been a few small niggles. I'm right handed and use a Belkin laptray to rest the laptop on my lap. I normally use my right hand to pull the laptop forwards and can accidentally open the CD drive. If I put the laptop to sleep mode, the flashing led is bright enough to light up the room. The AC adapter is too short and easily tugs on the socket so it readily falls out.

Other that that, the laptop has been a joy to use without any problems. Thank you PCS.

HelBic

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for that Omens, my laptop is in the awaiting dispatch state and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive, primarily to run Skyrim - hence my response to your thread as I hoped it would run on full settings. I didn't pay quite as much as you, but hopefully the specs one year on means I'll get the same bang for bucks as you did.

I play Skyrim on my PS3 but want to be able to play it when the family are doing the Eastender's/other things thing!

:)