Online gaming takes it to the next level

Xavien

Enthusiast
I own a ps3 which im happy with but i personally would love to see the ending of consoles :) sure they are great for kids and both the ps3 and xbox 360 do a good job with keeping up with the power of new pcs game wise, but i kinda dislike the red tape behind consoles. For example the awful ports we pc users get and companies like microsoft paying silly money to have expansions only for the xbox 360. Games being console only like FF13, or heavy rain only being on the ps3 etc.... even the new FFXIV has a very console feel to it.

All that said and done though it will never happen :)

Meds

I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a long time xavien! There is just so much money in consoles, the likes of Nintendo, Sony & MS would be plain silly to stop developing them any time soon.

Although I must admit, I would much rather game developers put more effort into designing two versions of a game - one console, one PC because ports do suck!

Sweeney47

yes they really suck and when certain developers dont even take the time to change simple tutorial commands it really annoys me... And "Press Start" on title screens etc. Lazy. Thats not even considering the 8 month delay on the PC launch...

Xavien

Enthusiast
I remember one particular game i think it was star trek legecy where you could play as each captain. I was horrified that you couldnt even change the keyboard setup!!!

LDUK

Master Poster
Lol. I, and I'm sure many others, thought of this technology a long time ago before. It's clever and means Even Linux and your front room TV could be the main console. But then, every play would have to have a server each. And that's going to cost a lot. I don't see where the money is in this technology.

Gorman

Author Level
Lol. I, and I'm sure many others, thought of this technology a long time ago before. It's clever and means Even Linux and your front room TV could be the main console. But then, every play would have to have a server each. And that's going to cost a lot. I don't see where the money is in this technology.

Using VM's its not as bad as it seems.

This technology is never going to kill PC gaming or even dent it. And with the state of UK broadband its hardly even viable.

http://www.onlive.com/#1

Most of the money comes from the subscription cost and "leasing" games for full retail price each year.

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
Using VM's its not as bad as it seems.

This technology is never going to kill PC gaming or even dent it. And with the state of UK broadband its hardly even viable.

http://www.onlive.com/#1

Most of the money comes from the subscription cost and "leasing" games for full retail price each year.

Hmmm, that does't appeal to me. It's like getting a bus to your destination, apposed to driving there in the mustang that you built (or ordered and customised in my case).

The author really pissed me off with that.
Implying that you cannot connect a laptop to a TV

I agree, and hate it when people do that too. Like when people say the Xbox 360 is better than a PC because of the controller. Implying that you cannot connect a controller to a PC.

Xavien

Enthusiast
I actually use my xbox 360 controller quite a lot with my pc, especially for games like just cause 2 and GTA where i use keyboard and mouse on foot and shooting at things and the controller for flying and driving stuff

Valkyrie

I actually use my xbox 360 controller quite a lot with my pc, especially for games like just cause 2 and GTA where i use keyboard and mouse on foot and shooting at things and the controller for flying and driving stuff

I usually prefer Mouse + Keyboard but the x360 controller is good for some games.