Optimus 17 vs XPS 17 (price gap)

loverdose

Bronze Level Poster
Ooh that looks better :) Thank you. Would any changes by me at this point revert the quote to the default settings and remove yours? (Eg - playing around with changing the HDD for a SSD, changing the delivery type or changing the thermal paste? These are all things I am researching).
Must consult the overlord Mrs.loverdose before choosing though... :D
PS - What are you doing still at work, PCS?!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a Cyborg - I work all the time. :S

Yes, if you edit the quote the price will revert back I'm afraid. If you edit the quote, post back here and I'll see what we can do. Really though, the quoted price is for a like-for-like system only.

loverdose

Bronze Level Poster
Totally understand on the like for like thing, no worries.
What about things like delivery, warranties and thermal paste? Should I those be like for like as well if possible? (would you actually recommend any of these?)

I don't know what price difference remains if any but it's probably small enough for me to warrant going with a uk based company with what seems like good recommendations for the after sale service :) I will probably order tomorrow if possible. Plus forum replies from cyborg staff are pretty cool!

A final question on the ssd , if I bought an ssd at a later date could I transfer the operating system to it easily?

loverdose

Bronze Level Poster
I don't want to push my luck as I know you're only really meant to do like-for-like, but I'm trying to see what I can actually change and what will cause it to no longer be like-for-like.

Warranty? Thermal paste? (I assume Dell use rubbish thermal paste) Delivery? One of those £5 mice? I will be making the final touches like this to my config and ordering today hopefully if I get a moment while at work.

And finally - any scope at all for that SSD upgrade? I know Dell don't even offer it so there's no way it would be like-for-like anymore for your price competing so it's no problem if you don't want to let me. I'm not even sure I want the SSD upgrade yet (so I've asked the forums if it's a good upgrade in the check-my-spec!).

edit-
I've got 2 quotes now, one with the ssd and one without. Let me know if you want me to change any other part of the order to fit your requirements like delivery or something.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Thanks again

Last edited:

loverdose

Bronze Level Poster
Oh you do tempt me!
I couldn't resist, have gone for the SSD option over the Scorpio.
Order placed, thank you very much , PCS cyborg! :santa: