Optimus 4 17.3" matte or glossy screen?

SirTeddy

Hey guys. I'm still not sure what screen to get and wanted to know people's opinion. I'll be gaming and watching movies a lot. I am in both bright and dark enviroments. More dark wham bright.

1) is the reflection from the glossy screen high?
2) is there a big difference in colour and contrast and will it affect my gaming experience?
3) which you do you prefer?

I've heard you can get a matte screen protection for glossy screens...

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Hey guys. I'm still not sure what screen to get and wanted to know people's opinion. I'll be gaming and watching movies a lot. I am in both bright and dark enviroments. More dark wham bright.

1) is the reflection from the glossy screen high?
2) is there a big difference in colour and contrast and will it affect my gaming experience?
3) which you do you prefer?

I've heard you can get a matte screen protection for glossy screens...

I found my M11x R3 glossy screen great in a dark room, ideal when not wanting to disturb my room mate when OOA or the wife when surfing the web. In day light it is a right pain with all the reflections, however once you get a good spot the colours are crystal clear and vivid.

My matt screen on my Vortex 3 is stunning, great colour reproduction and clarity even in the brightest light.

Regards.

C.

shy_147

Will you plan on moving around a lot with the laptop? Will you be using it in well lit areas or dark rooms? Glossy if the latter, matte if you will be using it in brighter locations/outside/office, etc.

Glossy tends to have slightly richer colours compared to matte with slightly better viewing angles, but to be honest unless you put them side by side (as long as they are of high quality) you will not notice a slight bit of difference. The only thing you will notice i the distinct lack of reflections on the matte screen, and who the hell plays games looking at the screen from the side? Angles are not an issue.