Optimus i5 N170 Laptop

Korchoi

Hi

This is my second laptop from PCS and I am very happy with it, the screen has started degrading due to the hinged connector between the body & screen. Sometimes the screen just puts bars up and I have to shutdown & restart. It gets used for gaming and still performs well with world of tanks.

I repacked the screen connector which was loose in the screen which helped for a while, but the constant open/close has taken its toll.

Is the screen connector a DIY swap and do PCS supply parts , a job any laptop repairer could organise, or do I just buy a new one ? It is about 3 years old and still performs ok apart from the screen issue.

Thank you in advance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would contact PCS, even if their offering of a fix costs too much, they may be able to sell you the parts for you to do it. But I’d call them either way for advice.

Korchoi

Thank you Spyder,

Like anything electronic I suppose this is a balance against a repair cost or renew it. I will give them a shout .....

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Is the screen connector a DIY swap and do PCS supply parts , a job any laptop repairer could organise, or do I just buy a new one ? It is about 3 years old and still performs ok apart from the screen issue.
Thank you in advance.

We do stock this cable, although I am not 100% sure on the stock levels right now. Replacing the cable can be quite involved as most clevo systems need you to route the cable in a way that means you have to completely strip it apart. Again I'm not 100% on the N170S/Rx chassis, i built more than repaired :).

Korchoi

We do stock this cable, although I am not 100% sure on the stock levels right now. Replacing the cable can be quite involved as most clevo systems need you to route the cable in a way that means you have to completely strip it apart. Again I'm not 100% on the N170S/Rx chassis, i built more than repaired :).

Thanks Mooseh,

Appreciate all the replies thank you again, I will run the laptop till the screen finally gives up, I will be back for another once that happens Im sure.