Optimus II: 15.6" Graphics levels for Games

jonno1981

Cant wait to get my laptop! Mine is the same spec processer, ram and GPU but with a non solid state HD. It's finished and due to ship tomorrow! My copy of Battlefield 3 is waiting to go!

Will it really run ok with some settings on ultra????:)

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Fear 3 - Max Settings/Full HD and FXAA Anti-aliasing - 30fps (rarely drops to 20)
Mafia 2 - Max Settings/Full HD and no Anti-aliasing -30fps/35fps (I really recommended you play this)
Far Cry 2 - Max Settings/Full HD and no Anti-aliasing - Around 30fps

And that's about it, I have Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Fable 3 but I didn't record the frame rates but I will do soon :)

zacthespack

Fear 3 - Max Settings/Full HD and FXAA Anti-aliasing - 30fps (rarely drops to 20)
Mafia 2 - Max Settings/Full HD and no Anti-aliasing -30fps/35fps (I really recommended you play this)
Far Cry 2 - Max Settings/Full HD and no Anti-aliasing - Around 30fps

And that's about it, I have Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Fable 3 but I didn't record the frame rates but I will do soon :)

Sweet thanks dude will add these games

jubberz

Just thought i'd post here because my Optimus II 15.6" Lappy arrived yesterday! :) And so far i'm in love. Not just silly temporary love, like full on adoration for this laptop. Yup, i said it. I'm in love with a laptop. Anywayyy, just wanted to confirm for anyone else interested FFXIV runs extremely well on this laptop. I have all settings on High apart from one that I havn't tested yet. (I think shadows is on the second highest option!) I've had no problems so far, visuals look amazing and it runs super smooth! I'll be doing a full review on this laptop soon too so keep your eyes peeled! :)

Tehmoe

Gold Level Poster
Mine still in pre-production but there settings on games are great, I also intend to overclock this has it is meant to be a great overclocker and should give me a good 20% increase in fps.

zacthespack

Mine still in pre-production but there settings on games are great, I also intend to overclock this has it is meant to be a great overclocker and should give me a good 20% increase in fps.
overclocking? I didnt really think it was all that useful/possible on a laptop however feel free to link me to something and prove me wrong :p (would love to add a 'overclocked' part to the thread!)

Bullseye

So, has anyone tested Skyrim on the Optimus II yet?

EDIT: What graphics do you set it for with what config?

Last edited:

Bullseye

Guess they are all playing it atm. Man am I anxious to know if I'll be able to run this game smoothly or not...

EDIT: Seems I'm going to be lucky. Found this video in Youtube.

[video=youtube;cyBO_7aI6tI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyBO_7aI6tI&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Can't wait to get my laptop.

Last edited:

zacthespack

Hey guys sorry I dont have the game so someone else will have to try it, but im pretty sure the laptop will beable to play it, at what level will be interesting to find out

Bullseye

Check out the video description and comments of the link to the youtube video. There you have the answers.

High settings mostly.

Hey guys sorry I dont have the game so someone else will have to try it, but im pretty sure the laptop will beable to play it, at what level will be interesting to find out