Optimus III batteries

realh

Is there a difference in bulkiness between the 2 battery options for a 15.6" Optimus III? How long could I expect them to last in "average use" with a Core i7-3610QM and an SSD, with the wifi enabled and the graphics in Intel-only mode?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The batteries are identical in size. With regards to battery life:

Test 1: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on amber (GPU turned on): 2 hours 25 minutes
Test 2: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on green (GPU turned off): 3 hours 30 minutes

You should expect a 62.16WH battery to last 27% longer than a 48.84WH battery.

Yamikotai

Expert
The batteries are identical in size. With regards to battery life:

Test 1: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on amber (GPU turned on): 2 hours 25 minutes
Test 2: Playing a movie (stored on hard disk, not DVD) with the Optimus settings on green (GPU turned off): 3 hours 30 minutes

You should expect a 62.16WH battery to last 27% longer than a 48.84WH battery.

Are those tests performed with the smaller 48.84WH battery, or with the larger 62.16WH battery? (I'm guessing the smaller but I want to make sure).
And if so, am I right in saying that the Green settings with the larger battery should garner four and half hours battery life, roughly?

Oh, and do you know what CPU was used in those tests? There could be a different between the lowest-end option and the highest-end.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The tests were performed with the 48.84WH battery and an i5 CPU. On green settings you can expect (at best) 27% longer than 210 minutes, so 267 minutes (4 hours 27 minutes).