Optimus III/Clevo W150ER LAN issues.

GrantR

The problem: In control panel - Network and internet - Network connections, There are only wireless connections and hamachi, there is no LAN or ethernet network, this means that I cannot connect via ethernet to anything. (Wired ethernet hubs do not register my laptop as even connecting, the hubs are working fine, etc)

I have tried reinstalling all relevant drivers.
Only wireless devices are present in device manager.

I have seen posts on the internet about enabling LAN in the BIOS, however my BIOS screen does not seem to have that option, do I need to somehow update my BIOS to do this? Is there another solution?

I know it's an older model, but any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Edit: The BIOS version is 1.00.03, Is this the correct version?

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters section. Can you see your LAN card in there? It will probably be called a Realtek PCIe Family Controller.

If it's not there and you have no unknown devices shown (yellow triangle) then your LAN card (which on the motherboard I think) is probably faulty.

If it's not there but there is an unknown device then that's probably your LAN card. You need then to find the right driver for it. If that's the case come back I can probably help you identify what that device is.

If it is there check the driver supplier and date. Then go to the vendor's website (Realtek?) and see whether that's the latest driver.

If you already have the latest driver installed, download a new copy from the vendor's website, open Device Manager, right-click on your LAN card and select Uninstall from the drop-down list. If it asks whether you want to delete the driver answer Yes. Now reboot. When Windows has fully started install the new copy of the driver you just downloaded.

See whether any of that helps?

GrantR

Thanks for the input, and sorry for the late reply, but there are only wireless devices in the device manager, no LAN devices.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for the input, and sorry for the late reply, but there are only wireless devices in the device manager, no LAN devices.

And no unknown devices either? If not then either your card is not inserted properly (or at all) or it's faulty.

If there are no unknown devices showing in Device Manager and you are certain the card is inserted properly you should call PCS and see what they suggest.