Optimus III HDMI out

iaisel

This may be an Nvidia driver issue more than anything but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has had similar experiences; when outputting to a panasonic LCD tv via HDMI, everything runs quite slowly, machine struggles with low res video playback/youtube even though optimus has selected dGPU. also, overscan cannot be corrected by resizing desktop resolution in Nvidia control panel as you would usually do. The option seems to have been removed from the (Nvidia) Optimus version of the drivers. Wondered if there is a workaround for this? I can't see the iGPU being much good at 1080p movie playback even though it DOES offer cusom resolutions, also, wouldn't mind playing some games on the telly!

iaisel

ok, solved half of the problem, for some reason, even though my TV was in game mode (making it run at 60hz rather than 50) it had decided to set itself to 1080p 24hz, even though windows was reportedly outputting at 59hz (why not 60??) once I manually switched to 60hz, video playback significantly improved. I also forced Vsync in nvidia control panel global settings, not sure if this helped as I did it at the same time as changing the refresh rate, but it definatly seemed before that it was suffering from a lack of Vsync, so I'm gonna keep it on. hopefully those options will be remembered by windows and I won't have to manually change the refresh rate each time I plug into the tv.

Now to solve the overscan issue without reverting to 1600 x 900 or resorting to iGPU.....