Optimus IV 660m temps

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
Optimus IV 660m temps and RMA experience

Hi Guys,

Just got my laptop and am wondering what sort of temps your GPU hits playing games. I just had a quick try with borderlands and it reached a max of 94 degrees and was always well above 80. Is that normal?

Also the GPU fan under load is pretty loud, I'm hoping the paste needs to cure or something because these temps seem very high to me?

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I have an ATI HD6990m so i cant comment on the temps for your exact model but when under full load im usually sitting between 90 - 98 degrees which is pretty normal. My fans would be making a good bit of noise at this point but nothing too loud in my own opinion.

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
I have an ATI HD6990m so i cant comment on the temps for your exact model but when under full load im usually sitting between 90 - 98 degrees which is pretty normal. My fans would be making a good bit of noise at this point but nothing too loud in my own opinion.

Thanks for that mate, it's a little reassuring. I'm sure it is normal and would think theres a good few degrees to come off hopefully when the MX4 cures. The noise i guess isn't an issue, just louder than my 670gtx desktop but that does have dual fans and also my old laptop with a 9600m gt but i guess we can't compare either.

I can't seem to find much on the web either except some guy who reckons he over clocked his and kept his load temps under 60......he was probably stressing the 4000 without knowing or just lying. (not that i have any intention of clocking mine)

Whilst running the windows assesment thing i did notice the core clock boosted to i think it was 950mhz, quite pleased with that as am i right in thinking the core is 835mhz?

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Kreeeee,

Jumped back to this thread as i sort of hijacked the other guys.

Quick 10 minute play on guild wars came up with this:

pc.JPG

I'm guessing the CPU is fine, as it sat at 50 as we speak idle, but the GFX chip is still high. The core clock does jump to 950mhz though if that is relevant , but i guess not when people are clocking theirs higher and still staying under 70?

**edit**

15 minutes later with the laptop just sitting there using the 4000hd realtemp is reporting mid to high 30's idling. The CPU seems fine, just the GPU. Hopefully a reseat and re-application of MX4 will fix the GPU tomorrow too.

Last edited:

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
http://forum.notebookreview.com/sag...ager-np6370-clevo-w370et-owners-lounge-3.html

We ran some tests with Furmark 1.10.1 + Prime95 in the summer heat, here are the results:

W350ETQ
- CPU 92°C (Intel i7-3720QM)
- GPU 77°C

W370ET
- CPU 81°C (Intel i7-3610QM)
- GPU 74°C

These are the maximum values with Furmark+Prime and they are well within the limits. If you do your fan cleaning routine at least twice a year (better: 4 times a year) there's no need to worry about the life span of this machine. =)

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
Laptop will be back to PCS today. Keeping a record here of what to expect:

1/ Laptop was shipped with a defective screen - getting replaced. (the vertical line halfway across the screen looks far worse on a red or black backlight backgorund after further inspection)

20120908_101536.jpg

2/ Either GPU heatsink was not seated properly and/or MX4 was not applied. Temps of 90+ degrees within minutes of playing games, too scared to leave them running any longer.

3/ When i added a cooler to my order i wasn't told it was not in stock and have no idea when it will turn up - it would have been nice if i was advised of the stock situation and i could have bought elsewhere rather than have the laptop turn up and have to question where the stand was.

4/Was advised the work would not take long and would probably get laptop back before weekend - we will wait and see on that one.

----

Your parcel has been delivered, signed for by RAMSDEN, on 12 Sep 2012 at 16:21

Last edited:

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
After a call this morning the laptop has been despatched same day for delivery tomorrow. Great service there, the screen has been completely replaced so just need to check the GPU temp tomorrow. If all is good i have a few days off work and will do a review with pics and a few benchmarks.

dlatimer

Bronze Level Poster
Nice, looking forward to hearing from you. I am probably going to be ordering one of these myself soon :)

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
Delivered back to me today, quick testing and everything looks 100% now, well happy so far.

GPU max temp was 75 degrees with a 5 minute run of furmark.

Will knock a review together later tonight once i've tested a few games.

Last edited:

disigma

Nice to see PCS have addressed the issues.

Have you managed to play a few games to test it out a bit? If so, do you mind answering the following questions?

1. Under gaming conditions, how was the temperature of the laptop?
2. Under gaming conditions, how loud was the noise of the fan?
3. Which Optimus IV did you purchase? The 15.6" or 17.3"?

Looking to purchase this and your feedback would be helpful!

Thanks.

Lucia74

Hi i'm a little new here but this thread was very interesting as i have just got a Optimus IV 17.3".
I too was thinking that my temps were on the little high side when i did a little testing so i will display my results.

First my system is: CPU, i5 3360M Ram, 4gb 1600 Graphics, GTX 660M

I ran Prime (p64v2511) and FurMark 1.10.2 for 10 mins before taking a picture
Temps were, CPU 89c Max and GPU 76c max.

From what has been said before on this thread it looks to be not far of from normal is that right ?
Burn test Clevo.jpg