Optimus IV W10 "sticking" issue (quick fix)

Pagey

Bright Spark
Ok, I've now traced it down to the "Intel Chipset Drivers", this is the actual culprit for this frankly annoying issue.

Now here is the interesting bit: When a new update gets issued to either W10, or even new Nvidia drivers, it breaks the previous fix and causes all sort of nightmares.

Thankfully for you guys, I've been doing some extensive testing today and come up with a fix for it if something causes the issue to arise again.

Essentially:

1: The Intel Chipset Drivers MUST be installed on W10, (use the latest version for your model, if it's W8, it's still good as it does't actually change much).

2: A problem I found is that if you've already installed the drivers, you can't install them again. :( But all is not lost. :)

3: Firstly open up the Command Prompt, then find the Intel Chipset Driver folder and locate the "Setup" file and drag it into the command prompt.

4: After the file address has been pasted in, type in
Code:
 -overall
and hit enter. Then just follow any prompts that might come up, (if they don't, don't panic about it).

5: Double click the Setup.exe file in the Intel Chipset Driver folder, and hey presto! The drivers re-install again, (hopefully).

Now this has worked for me, and has fixed the issue once it arose again.

Something to note: Make sure the folder is in your "Downloads" folder. #justsayin'

Pagey

Bright Spark
No probs. :)

So now I can say for sure that it's 100% a Windows problem, that will be cleared up in time, but at least we have a fix now.

Oh, and to note: I'm still using the Hotkey drivers as this isn't the cause of the problem.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No probs. :)

So now I can say for sure that it's 100% a Windows problem, that will be cleared up in time, but at least we have a fix now.

Oh, and to note: I'm still using the Hotkey drivers as this isn't the cause of the problem.

Good to know. I've not had any Windows updates for a while now and I've disabled checking for updates to the NVIDIA driver.