Optimus NVidia drivers - no supported hardware

Kelly.S

Hello,

We received our laptops today and the busy building them. Windows 8 has gone on and is up to date. We are having a problem with the NVidia drivers. When trying from the supplied disk and from the internet we are getting a 'no supported hardware found' error message.

Anyone had this before and managed to fix?

All help appreciated

Thanks

margetti

Hi, my OH posted this thread for me whilst building our laptops. I have managed to get everything working on one laptop, but the other refuses to play ball even after a 3rd re-install of Windows 8.

I have noticed when installing the Intel video drivers, when I reboot as prompted the laptop crashes with a "video dxgkrnl fatal error" although the drivers seem to work fine after the reboot.

As stated, any attempt to then install the nvidia drivers fails. Using the "automatic discover your gpu" on the nvidia drivers webpage reports "no nvidia hardware found".

I am beginning to wonder if it is a hardware fault :-(

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's a brave man who expects a reply to posts made on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. :)

I reckon a hardware problem is most likely, if this is a PCS build I'd call PCS as soon as possible. If it's from another vendor I'd call them or return it to the store.

margetti

No wasn't expecting a reply over Christmas but you never know :)

Thanks for the reply and confirming my suspicions of it being a hardware issue. Will put a call into PCS support...