optimus pro

RyaNM1076

i undervolted my optimus pro i7 10750h by -100v and also turned off turbo boost on the cpu and my fans are now really quiet and my temperatures have dropped by around 15-20 while still keeping a good performance
this seems too good to be true can anyone tell me if there are any downsides to undervolting i should know about?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i undervolted my optimus pro i7 10750h by -100v and also turned off turbo boost on the cpu and my fans are now really quiet and my temperatures have dropped by around 15-20 while still keeping a good performance
this seems too good to be true can anyone tell me if there are any downsides to undervolting i should know about?
Undervolting is a gradual process to find the right balance. If it’s too extreme when the laptop is under load it will bsod or just cut out.

Turning off turbo boost is not a solution, you’ve just absolutely nerfed the performance of your processor. Of course it’s not going to run as hot because it’s not using about 1GHz of it’s available performance.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The only downside is stability.

RyaNM1076

Undervolting is a gradual process to find the right balance. If it’s too extreme when the laptop is under load it will bsod or just cut out.

Turning off turbo boost is not a solution, you’ve just absolutely nerfed the performance of your processor. Of course it’s not going to run as hot because it’s not using about 1GHz of it’s available performance.

but ive turned off boost and im getting around 5 less fps?
im guessing i shouldnt have just went down 100volts at once then?