Optimus V 13.3" / Clevo W230SS Windows 7 drivers

Brownoctober

I recently bought an Optimus V 13.3" laptop (it's awesome - glad I changed my mind from a Skyfire IV) and it came with W7 Home premium installed - the drivers etc were already installed and working. I formatted and installed W7 Professional and am struggling to get the Synaptics driver and hotkeys/airplane mode drivers working, particularly the HUD for the hotkey feedback. I installed the ones supplied on a disc from PCS, and also the ones from the PCS website AND the ones straight from Clevo, all to no avail.

- The hotkeys work except for Airplane Mode
- The HUD for all hotkeys does not show up.
- The Synaptics driver installs but when I go to change the mouse settings it tells me 'Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'

The Clevo website only supplies Windows 8 drivers; is there anywhere I can get the W7 drivers?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I did see a couple of threads about a similar issue, however I cant find em.

You could email PCS and ask for the latest drivers to be sent to you.

Brownoctober

I did find it as it happens, I installed the touchpad driver downloaded from a different model driver page. The hotkeys still aren't right though, will be doing more investigation.

Brownoctober

I'm an idiot, the W7 drivers were there when I just looked, I can't remember seeing them, or else I blindly clicked on the W8 drivers and didn't look elsewhere!