Optimus V 17' - great computer, great service

Rico656

Hi All,

Had my Optimus V 17' (the same spec as the one in reviews) for 10 days now and just completed the survey via email.

The survey didn't really allow much feedback room though so I thought I'd share my experience here as well.

Order Experience:

The initial order was placed on the 20th of September and I was the unlucky few to be affected by the delays due to component shortages, which meant that it wasn't until a month later on the 22nd of Oct that I received the laptop. (19 working days wait in total)

PCS did keep me updated via email, but I found them most helpful when I phoned in and actually speak to them.

This is my first time ordering with PCS so I don't know how often these things happen, but I would certainly plan ahead and use the fast track service next time I order from them and advise any friends to do the same.

The Product:

Have to admit I was very worried during my wait and the issues on fan/screen etc... that other user posted on the forum regarding this model only compounded the anxiety.

Expecting the worst, I was very pleased to find no dead pixels, no fan problem, upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 without hiccup (apart from the wireless card driver reinstall which is an Intel issue rather than PCS)

- Loving the brandless chassis.
- I can really feel the difference from the CPU and SSD and made me feel spoilt.
- Fan can be as loud as hoover, but only during intense gaming sessions otherwise usually inaudible.
- Speaker, keyboard + touchpad does the job (average performance compared to the rest of the rest of the laptop so I use external)

Happy with the product and services I've received so far.

Can't wait to start building a customised PC.

edit. Big thanks to the PCS team again!

Last edited:

Matrix510

Bronze Level Poster
That's great to hear. I am looking to receive my review spec Optimus V in the next few days so hopefully my experience of having the laptop is as great as yours!