Optimus V arriving today

Genome

Bronze Level Poster
My 32nd birthday is approaching and I decided to cancel my PS4 pre-order and get back into the world of PC gaming (always been a PC gamer really).

Due to lack of room I have this time gone the laptop route (I used to always build my systems as it was fun and cheaper).

Anyway I found this site and the specs and price were so good I went with them as I had heard good things.

So I have gone for the Optimus V (15") with i7, 8gig ram and GTX765m. A popular build judging from what I have read up.

Should be arriving today (wifes at home to receive it). However After I install windows and the graphics drivers tonight. I need to put it away again till Monday (my brithday). Oh well.

Quick question though. I hear the fan can be a bit loud. How is it compared to a desktop fan? same? quieter? Louder???

Thanks for any help

al-stone

I had a top spec laptop a few years back, and after a year or so it kept breaking down, shutting down etc, it was very quiet and that was its problem there wasn't sufficient cooling (i fried some components lol) for it and having it on my lap wasn't helping the cooling either, nor my prostate apparently lol...

So anyways unless there's some intricate cooling for laptops, such as water cooled systems, you are going to have a loud fan s) noise (its such a small compact space for all the hard working components, its gonna' get hot), just invest in a good pair of noise cancelling head sets you should be alright.

for the same spec on a desktop the desktop will be quieter, there's more choice out there, and also a desktop can be situated slightly away from the screen so you are not directly on top of the fan like on a laptop, so a desktop wins in that department..

Last edited: