Optimus V hotkey driver query

Paigey

Silver Level Poster
So at the moment I have been using the hotkey driver 6.0053 which is designed for the Optimus IV (W350ET) laptop, but still works on the Optimus V, and all in all it has been fine, works well and having no real problems with it. But me being me I like things to be as updated and 'right' as possible, so while roaming around t'internet I found the genuine hotkey driver for the Optimus V, or W350ST (for Windows 7) - hotkey driver version 7.0026.

Thought I'd give it a go, so uninstalled the current drivers i had, restarted, installed the new ones, restarted again, and now i'm getting this error message box - the title being 'Microsoft .NET Framework' and the message is 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Input string was not in a correct format.'
Then if i click on Details it shows all this malarkey, which may as well be written in Chinese for me.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at HotKey.HotKey.WMITimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HotKey
Assembly Version: 7.0.0.25
Win32 Version: 7.0.0.25
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/Hotkey.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Interop.MbnApi
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/Interop.MbnApi.DLL
System.ServiceProcess
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll
System.Management
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
HotKey.resources
Assembly Version: 7.0.0.12
Win32 Version: 7.0.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/en-US/HotKey.resources.DLL
HotKey.resources
Assembly Version: 7.0.0.12
Win32 Version: 7.0.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/en/HotKey.resources.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Audiodll
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/Audiodll.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, or if there's no way to get around it then i can resort back to the previous hotkey driver I was using before.

Cheers :)

Paigey

Silver Level Poster
hehe i know i know, but i thought i'd give a newer (and proper, and meant for this laptop model!) driver a try to see if it could work :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes, I understand how you feel, I like things to be nice and neat too, but a lifetime of system support in a mainframe environment supporting anywhere up to 5000 users concurrently has taught me that if software is working fine then leave it alone. In your position I would certainly make a note that there was an updated Hotkey driver available, I'd even download it, but I probably wouldn't install it until and unless I had a problem. As a general rule I only ever update drivers if I need the additional functionality the new driver provides or if I have a problem with the device. As long as they're doing the job I leave them alone.

:)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Yes, I understand how you feel, I like things to be nice and neat too, but a lifetime of system support in a mainframe environment supporting anywhere up to 5000 users concurrently has taught me that if software is working fine then leave it alone. In your position I would certainly make a note that there was an updated Hotkey driver available, I'd even download it, but I probably wouldn't install it until and unless I had a problem. As a general rule I only ever update drivers if I need the additional functionality the new driver provides or if I have a problem with the device. As long as they're doing the job I leave them alone.

:)

Paigey/Ubuysa... I had exactly the same error message. I installed the new hotkey driver for my Vortex to see if it would fix the fault of my wireless adapter always switching off when I booted the machine. It fixed that fault but then came up with the error message that you're getting too.

So I restored to an earlier point before i installed the new driver. Currently looking for a new fix. Would rather spend 2 seconds turning the wireless adapter on manually than have some dodgy error message come up on boot each time.

I'd just restore to a point before you installed that driver.

Paigey

Silver Level Poster
Yeah I've just re-installed the previous driver i was using (the optimus IV one) and it's fine again. Still seems strange that there's no actual Optimus V windows 7 hotkey driver that works properly though. Not a huge problem, just me being niggly, like Ubuysa said its nice when things are all neat and working as they should with correct drivers :)

Still if anyone knows any kind of solution or fix for this or have the correct driver working for their Optimus V it would be muchly appreciated :)