Optimus V Laptop Screen Not Working

Sidge85

Hi All

Recently purchased a new laptop from PCS (infact I only received it on Tuesday this week) and I am already having intermittent problems with the screen. Straight out of the box everything worked fine however when I went to power it up the following morning the screen would not "power up". Everything else seems to be ticking along fine except for the screen (so obviously I cannot tell for sure).

The power to the screen randomly came back when I booted up later that evening but went again the following morning. Again everything was fine that evening and was fine again this morning but it's not working again this evening.

I'm fairly certain that I will be sending the laptop back for PCS to address the issue but with it being the weekend nod having to wait until next week I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem and knew what the cause is (and possibly a fix that a lay could follow). I'd love for it to be something silly I'm doing but can't imagine what that could be!

Thanks

Rob

Laptop specs;

Optimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Intel® CoreTMi7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz) 6MB 8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 8GB)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11 1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N-135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Optimus Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
OPTIMUS SERIES UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour

Sidge85

I've confirmed the laptop is booting up by connecting to TV through HDMI. Anyway I can single out the fault to the screen or the connection to the screen?

TheGSL

Silver Level Poster
It sounds like it could be a loose connection. It's got to go back if you've only received it this week, hopefully they will turn it around for you asap.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Call PCS, there is s small chance that they may be able to talk you though some basic fault-finding. Otherwise it's an RMA I'm afraid. :(