Optimus V Power Supply Not Working

Rahl

Hello,

I've had my optimus v laptop for a couple of months and it has been running without any issues whatsoever until this evening - I connected the power supply and switched it on, it booted up as normal and got to the windows log on screen, and the power supply failed. The laptop remained on and still works under battery power. I can't tell whether the power block has failed, I have replaced the fuse in the plug and no change after doing so. It does not run plugged in with the batter removed. I can't tell if the connections within the laptop have failed.

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone has that may help me diagnose and/or fix the problem.

I have backed up work to Google drive and a use, I have critical work that needs finishing urgently and therefore need a rapid solution. The power supply is:

Delta Electronics, model: ADP-120MH D, output: 19.5v, 6.15A, input 100-240v, 2.2A.

Thanks!

Rahl

Can I test to see if it's the power supply by connecting another power supply unit (with the same voltage, but not necessarily the same ampage) , with the laptop off, just to see if the light comes on to register a connected power supply?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
After you've checked what Rahl suggests, and if it still doesn't work, I would call PCS immediately. I does sound like a failed power supply. I have no doubt they will get a new one to you as soon as they can, so I'd call today.