Optimus V SoundBlaster.

ToxicApplePie

Hi guys, just got my new optimus 5 and i had it for a few days before clean reinstalling windows after installing some stuff i didnt need. all the drivers were installed correctly but i cant get soundblaster to work. tried so many things. i even restored windows once more after a few hours of trying to find a solution but i cant get anything to work it keeps saying that i have no hardware that supports SB. one possible solution is that i dont actually have any SB hardware but the laptop itself came with a SB sticker on the front of it and if i remember correctly there was no such problem with soundblaster when i first recieved the laptop. two things guys: do i actually have any soundblaster hardware, and secondly if so how do i go about getting it to work?

TheGSL

Silver Level Poster
go to the clevo site, look for the drivers for your machine (model number is on bottom) and then download the sb software from there, it is for windows 8 & 8.1, the optimus doesn't have any any sb hardware, it's got a via brand sound chip in it, but the sb cinema software will run on it. If you are trying to install sb drivers for hardware that is where the problem lies.

saintofthesouth

Soundblaster Software does not work on Optimus 13.3

Hi guys, just got my new optimus 5 and i had it for a few days before clean reinstalling windows after installing some stuff i didnt need. all the drivers were installed correctly but i cant get soundblaster to work. tried so many things. i even restored windows once more after a few hours of trying to find a solution but i cant get anything to work it keeps saying that i have no hardware that supports SB. one possible solution is that i dont actually have any SB hardware but the laptop itself came with a SB sticker on the front of it and if i remember correctly there was no such problem with soundblaster when i first recieved the laptop. two things guys: do i actually have any soundblaster hardware, and secondly if so how do i go about getting it to work?

Hi,

I have the same problem the soundblaster SOFTWARE will not work on my laptop - I have tried a number of techniques described on this site. I did try uninstalling and then reinstalling SB software and VIA driver from Clevo website and hey presto it worked but for all of one day until I restated my PC in the morning! To confirm IT IS NOT WORKING NOW and I tried again the previous fix but it did not work again. I have contacted PCS but they have been no help other than offering to take over my PC - There is a soundblaster sticker on this machine but it seems that it is just software however the software will NOT WORK on my machine - says something also the lines that the device cannot b detected, is not presen, etc, etc...... very weird, can anybody helps.

I yes I also tried reinstalled the chipset driver from Clevo and this also did not work!?

TheGSL

Silver Level Poster
In truth you are not missing much, the sb software doesn't really do much, nothing I think that you can't achieve by playing with the driver settings themselves. The fact is that the speakers in the Optimus V are not very good all around, okay for some things, but they are thin and tinny with no bass response at all, and the sb software will not make any difference to that. A decent pair of headphones will make a fair difference. I wouldn't lose any sleep about the sb software, it's not very good, and will just sit in memory using resources for not much gain.