Optimus VI Display panel

Trisk

Dear user and (hopefully moderators)
I'm planning on buying a new gaming laptop as on my old one the graphic card decided to retire. I'm more ore less on the configuration and I'm comparing different models. One of those is the Optimus VI but I cannot find any detail about the FHD display panel used for that model. Does anyone know of any review/benchmark covering that aspect or at least provide me the details about the manufacturer so that I may search for it_
Additionally in the description of the laptop is written one could choose a 4K panel but in the configurator the option is not available. I'm not particularly interested in the 4K display but I find it strange that an option which is presented in bold face is not actually selectable

caleafterearth

I'm also interested in this laptop, and it's IPS screen! Is it any good? I'm not interested in the 4k screen though, as the GTX 960 will just go up in flames if you try to game at that resolution!

haxsaw

I recently bought this laptop, and while I can't provide specifics about the display in terms of manufacturer/part no, I can say I'm pretty pleased with it. I was previously attracted to one of the Asus RoG laptops, but while the rest of the specs were good, the display was an utter disappointment and hence one of my key factors in what I wanted in a laptop. I admit that I was taking a bit of a chance buying this without seeing it first, but as it turns out I'm perfectly happy-- good viewing angles, low reflectivity, good and bright, text rendered clearly. It may be important to know my usage: predominantly reading text and looking at code, so readability is a big deal for me. I needed such a powerhouse for some GPU programming projects and occasional gaming use, so being able to see the text well was a primary concern. I can't saw anything substantive about gaming performance, but I had no quibbles with Bioshock Infinite on high quality, so I can offer that data point. The biggest drawback of this laptop for me is the oversized and off-center touchpad; the side of my right hand rests on it, and this has caused all kinds of un-intended touchpad events to be delivered. There is a function key to disable the pad, and that solves most of my issues, but you don't want to do that if you're working on the train and have no room for a mouse. If you'll be spending a lot of time typing this might be an issue for you.