Optimus xI cpu/gpu temps

Downzee88

hi I have a brand new optimus xI
Specs- 2060rtx gpu, i7 10750 cpu, Arctic mx4 paste, 16gb corsair 2666hz, 1tb qvo ssd, 256gb my ssd.

My cpu is at 55°c while idle and around 85-89°c whilst gaming, gpu 79°c while gaming. Plugged in to the charger cooling fans on automatic which are both working they switch to full under load. Not had any issues game wise etc. All seems smooth.

I have the laptop on a cooling pad just on a table in my living room. Are these temps normal. Seen a few post where people are concerned with cpu temps this high? Just don't want to break it lol thanks

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Those temps sound spot on. My recoil laptop cpu is around 85-90 gaming and gpu is 83-87 gaming. That’s just flat on a desk, no cooling fan but will invest in one soon. Still temps are within a safe range

bluiska

hi I have a brand new optimus xI
Specs- 2060rtx gpu, i7 10750 cpu, Arctic mx4 paste, 16gb corsair 2666hz, 1tb qvo ssd, 256gb my ssd.

My cpu is at 55°c while idle and around 85-89°c whilst gaming, gpu 79°c while gaming. Plugged in to the charger cooling fans on automatic which are both working they switch to full under load. Not had any issues game wise etc. All seems smooth.

I have the laptop on a cooling pad just on a table in my living room. Are these temps normal. Seen a few post where people are concerned with cpu temps this high? Just don't want to break it lol thanks
Which performance mode/fan mode are you using to get those temps?

Downzee88

If i leave it on automatic it speeds up on its own to max speed when gaming or if I leave them on full they just sit on full which is the same as auto when gaming. Ive had a few people tell me its perfectly normal and the same amount of people saying take it back its not normal. Tbh I dont have a clue just don't want it to break

bluiska

I would say anything below 90 is totally fine. With you having an Intel CPU you could google how to use something called ThrottleStop and undervolt your CPU a bit to get some lower temps but the same (if not improved) performance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If i leave it on automatic it speeds up on its own to max speed when gaming or if I leave them on full they just sit on full which is the same as auto when gaming. Ive had a few people tell me its perfectly normal and the same amount of people saying take it back its not normal. Tbh I dont have a clue just don't want it to break
Fans will react to temps. If the fans are high it’s because temps are high, so best to check and see what your temps are.

Downzee88

Ill do another test later on today on a game with max settings and record what it does with fans on full. Usually goes to 89 and sits around there not seen 90 yet or above. Gpu seems OK sits around 77-79 max. Will try without the cooling pad see if it makes a difference aswell.

Downzee88

Update- Managed to undervolt the cpu with xtu now 41-46°c on idle and under 80° during warzone on highest settings with rtx enabled. Gpu seems to have dropped a few degrees also. On fortnite both gpu and cpu at 74°c on epic settings after 20 mins gameplay, Also framerates seem to be the same as before so all good 👍