Order Issues?

Are there still ordering issues present in February with PSC & is it worth sticking with them?

My recently placed order has all items in stock, so I assume everything will be OK in that department. Only reason I ask is that I've seen a lot of negative posts recently, and I'm a bit shocked as all my previous dealings with PSC have been really good.

I purposely waited until after Christmas to order a new PC as I knew with the pandemic and holidays the orders would be through the roof.

Has anyone had any recent positive dealings with PCS?

Thanks guys,

OC

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It really depends what you are ordering, there is a global shortage of the 3000 cards, and PCS are doing their best to get orders out, but if their suppliers can't supply the parts, then PCS can't build systems

Going on responses on here most orders for in stock items are taking between 20-30 working days to go into build.

There are shortages with several components at the moment. (mainly new AMD high end CPU's and RTX 3000 series GPUS) so expect a longer wait for those.

I ordered my PC 11th December and it arrived first week of Jan if thats any help (5600x CPU).

A lot of the frustation's lately seem to be based around stock issues which PCS can't advise on as they don't know when stock is coming in.

Rakk

The Awesome
Welcome to the forums :)

Even orders with all items in stock are taking more than normal amount of times just down to the sheer amount of orders that have been made in the last 6 months (since the NVidia and AMD releases), but they will get to your order.

Every company has bad reviews and unfortunately the stock issues with the new releases (and any chip) have caused a lot of issues and people not being happy, but a lot of it is out of PCS's control.

If I was you I'd just wait, I've had no issues with PCS over the years - noting that I've not ordered over the pandemic/stock issues period so haven't have to do that long wait

It really depends what you are ordering, there is a global shortage of the 3000 cards, and PCS are doing their best to get orders out, but if their suppliers can't supply the parts, then PCS can't build systems
Yeah, I'm aware there is a shortage of those cards, I ordered an i9 processor and an RX 6800, which seem to be in stock at the moment.

Welcome to the forums :)

Even orders with all items in stock are taking more than normal amount of times just down to the sheer amount of orders that have been made in the last 6 months (since the NVidia and AMD releases), but they will get to your order.

Every company has bad reviews and unfortunately the stock issues with the new releases (and any chip) have caused a lot of issues and people not being happy, but a lot of it is out of PCS's control.

If I was you I'd just wait, I've had no issues with PCS over the years - noting that I've not ordered over the pandemic/stock issues period so haven't have to do that long wait
Thanks Fella, yeah my past experience with PCS has been really good! I most likely will wait, as I'm too lazy to build my own :p

Most of the complaints revolve around the new CPUs and GPUs launched by NVIDIA and AMD....there was a global shortage of NVIDIA GPUs at launch and they still haven't caught up yet, though things are getting better; same with AMD CPUs and GPUs

PCS get blamed for the delays even though it is not their fault; PCS's communication during all this has not been the greqatest which has made people more agitated as ordering a GPU in September, for example, and getting to the end of November with no communication is, understandably, not good.
Fair enough that does make sense. Would it not be better if PCS refused orders with CPUs and GPUs they don't have? Haha

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fair enough that does make sense. Would it not be better if PCS refused orders with CPUs and GPUs they don't have? Haha
It’s just not how the tech market works.

pre orders and low stocks on release is absolutely normal for GPU’s and CPU’s and most tech tbh.

It’s just not how the tech market works.

pre orders and low stocks on release is absolutely normal for GPU’s and CPU’s and most tech tbh.
Good point. But you must admit, most people who use PCS, don't really have an understanding of the tech market, hence why they ask someone else to build a PC for them! I'm not criticising PCS, I just was wondering if they could fix the current negative reviews on the forum by being a little more clear on orders & maybe a bit better customer service that's all :)

Good point. But you must admit, most people who use PCS, don't really have an understanding of the tech market, hence why they ask someone else to build a PC for them! I'm not criticising PCS, I just was wondering if they could fix the current negative reviews on the forum by being a little more clear on orders & maybe a bit better customer service that's all :)
To be fair @Ghosthud the last few weeks has been making statements on the forum when news has been available. I think one of the discussions came down to some people only wanted to hear from PCS when there was updates/new news whereas some wanted to hear from them often even if it was the same message before.

Different kicks for different folks i guess :)

To be fair @Ghosthud the last few weeks has been making statements on the forum when news has been available. I think one of the discussions came down to some people only wanted to hear from PCS when there was updates/new news whereas some wanted to hear from them often even if it was the same message before.

Different kicks for different folks i guess :)
Interesting, I feel that it probably would be better if there was more contact even if it was just repetitious (as long as it wasn't daily spam haha), as it may show the customer their order hasn't been forgotten about :)

Interesting, I feel that it probably would be better if there was more contact even if it was just repetitious (as long as it wasn't daily spam haha), as it may show the customer their order hasn't been forgotten about :)
I was in that boat as well especially over the xmas period. But once we got past new year they re-introduced the build date update once a week and that kept me happy as Larry.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I disagree. In my experience on the forum since 2014, the vast majority of PCS customers are gamers who either don't understand hardware or just prefer to offload the time in building themselves. These guys are all techies or wannabe techies.

There are a very small minority building basic browsing machines for home use.

And a similarly small subset for business use.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Just updating this fwiw.

My order was all non high demand parts - although I did change to a 5600X after ordering when it came back in stock.

Ordered Jan 29th, Pre-Production Feb 5th, Build Feb 15th, Tested Feb 15th/16th, Dispatched 17th.

So I was 13 working days from start to finish. Things definitely seem to be improving - and I see the estimated build times on the configurator are almost half what they were when I first placed my order.

In case anyone lurking isn’t aware how it all works - I also received emails every 5 days (calendar days, not working days) with status updates, emails when each stage of the process moved forward, and emails and a text message with tracking details when my order shipped.

On top of that I had my questions answered midway through with a couple of days response time.

So far I am quite happy. More comms than I expected to be honest and a much quicker build and dispatch time than I feared.

The only problem is my expectations are increasing again now. If there isn’t a complimentary bottle of wine in the box when I open it, then it I’m straight off to TrustPilot. 😡

Otone

Gold Level Poster
Please note aswell as the supply issues for 3000 cards and high end CPUS (5900x for example)
Covid restrictions and lockdowns are probably a problem too. Maybe less work desks are being used to spread out employees to Covid laws. Then image a huge order increase due to people at home wanting new PCs and then supply delays