Order Status not Moving

Hi,

The website says that there are many different stages for PC ordering (processing, building, dispatch etc)

Mine just says Processing them 3rd working day.

This doesn't fit any of the flowchart as far as I can tell? Why does Processing need a time frame since it's meant to just be while they're waiting for it to be built but I've been told my parts were collected to be assembled yesterday.

Thanks for any help available.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is perfectly normal. Most builds stay in processing (or pre-production) for 95% of their total build time. Once it moves into build it's typically built, tested and dispatched within a couple of days. Don't worry. :)

steaky360

Its very possible that the status just has not been updated, it won't get updated overnight (obviously?) so maybe check again today?

As Ubuysa has said, processing is usually the longest timescale as you're in the queue for building. Once you reach building things pick up quickly.

leefen

Hi gents, hope I'm not piggybacking but I have a similar query. Except my status is on it's 10th working day in pre-production - could this be a case that the status hasn't been updated during the flow or is it normal that it can stay in this stage for this long? Thanks in advance

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
it normal that it can stay in this stage for this long
I'd say this. That it's still in pre-production doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem. You can always call them for an update if you need peace of mind on it :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi gents, hope I'm not piggybacking but I have a similar query. Except my status is on it's 10th working day in pre-production - could this be a case that the status hasn't been updated during the flow or is it normal that it can stay in this stage for this long? Thanks in advance

As above, this is far from unusual. If there is a problem with parts out of stock etc. PCS will contact you to discuss alternatives.

It's a horrible wait, we've all been there, but 10 days is not at all unusual. :)

Been waiting 13 days and mine is still in pre-production. Not too happy about it considering the website said 9-11 days from ordering to receiving it. Spending over £1000 on something and waiting this long to get it sure is frustrating. Hopefully it's worth the wait...

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Unfortunately the times listed are only an estimate. My first order was 6-8 working days estimate and took 15. My second was 9-11 estimate and took 6.

If yours takes much longer you can always contact them to see if there are any issues. Should there be an issue with stock I believe they would usually let you know, but at least it might give some reassurance.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Been waiting 13 days and mine is still in pre-production. Not too happy about it considering the website said 9-11 days from ordering to receiving it. Spending over £1000 on something and waiting this long to get it sure is frustrating. Hopefully it's worth the wait...

My last PC took 16 days. As Oussebon says, the website timings are based on historical data and are not an accurate forecast of the future. PCS will build your PC as fast as they can, but they're busy people. By the time you realise it's moved into build it will probably be ready for shipping. :)

danamb

Bronze Level Poster
I am in the same situation, but also would like to note that if you take a closer look at the flow chart, you can see that the times there are only for reference and if you sum up the worst case scenario processing time you end up with ~21 days:
Processing: 1-6 days.
Pre-production: normally(!!!) less than a week, so 1-7 days.
In building: 1-3 days.
Testing: 1-2 days.
Quality control: 1-2 days.
Dispatch: less than a day, so 1 day.

Aaaaand, in case any error happened in the flow that is additional time.
If you search for PCS videos on youtube, you can see how big their manufacturing place is, how many people work there and how many orders they work on on a daily basis. So it is not that obvious that they can finish an order just in 9-11 days.

As a personal opinion, I think orders paid by finance - just like mine - also move back in the priority list, but that is kinda obvious I think. :)

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I doubt finance orders get pushed back deliberately. They may just take longer with the processing stage for the payment. But once they're in the "pre-production" stage I think they're just in the same queue as everyone else.

I wonder if there's a spike in orders around now as people start to look to Uni, need a laptop for summer travel, etc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I am in the same situation, but also would like to note that if you take a closer look at the flow chart, you can see that the times there are only for reference and if you sum up the worst case scenario processing time you end up with ~21 days:
Processing: 1-6 days.
Pre-production: normally(!!!) less than a week, so 1-7 days.
In building: 1-3 days.
Testing: 1-2 days.
Quality control: 1-2 days.
Dispatch: less than a day, so 1 day.

Aaaaand, in case any error happened in the flow that is additional time.
If you search for PCS videos on youtube, you can see how big their manufacturing place is, how many people work there and how many orders they work on on a daily basis. So it is not that obvious that they can finish an order just in 9-11 days.

As a personal opinion, I think orders paid by finance - just like mine - also move back in the priority list, but that is kinda obvious I think. :)

All of us think that there's some 'problem' with our build because even a 14 day wait is terrible, we've all been there:)

I agree that although the videos of PCS's building shows lots of people and lots of builds we have no idea how many builds PCS have in the queue, it could be hundreds! I also don't believe there is any kind of priority list, except for those customers paying for 'fast track'. What would PCS have to gain by doing so?

That said, I can well believe that finance orders need to wait until the finance company has paid PCS so in that sense there might be a slight additional delay for a finance order. I don't work for PCS so that's just a guess.

It's just not in PCS's interests to take longer with any build than it takes, PCS want builds out the door as fast as they can get them, this is a volume business. As Oussebon has suggested, there are times during the year when demand is higher than usual, before Christmas for example, or just after a new CPU and/or GPU has come out, or a new laptop model.

We just have to learn to wait, and it takes as long as it takes... :)

danamb

Bronze Level Poster
I know and of course I am not complaining, even the opposite: I just wanted to defend PCS! :) PCS contacted me in email after the 5th or 6th day that they are currently processing my order and I really like this kind of attitude, because it shows that they care about their customers. So I am perfectly fine with waiting, just wanted to point out to @[email protected] that the "9-11 days" is only the sunny day scenario.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I know and of course I am not complaining, even the opposite: I just wanted to defend PCS! :) PCS contacted me in email after the 5th or 6th day that they are currently processing my order and I really like this kind of attitude, because it shows that they care about their customers. So I am perfectly fine with waiting, just wanted to point out to @[email protected] that the "9-11 days" is only the sunny day scenario.

Sorry for my misunderstanding. :)