Ordered a build on Tuesday. Literally the exact same build is €51 cheaper right now. How does that happen?

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
Anybody has experience with that? PCS has saved my configuration so for the past week I'd just visit the website and marvel at the build. Every day I'd notice the total price of the system would fluctuate +-€20, which I was completely fine with. That fact didn't play any part into my decision making process. But I came to the website to check the status of my build which is still in pre-production stage as PCS doesn't have Asus TUF x570 mobo in stock. On the way out, I just swung by the config page and shocked myself.

Is it right to feel regret? Would someone else in my shoes, cancel the build and order a new one again. (I highly doubt I'm gonna stoop that low just to save €50 and cause all kinds of chaos)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Prices change all the time, largely because the prices of components that PCS buy in change.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I probably would, it's 50€ after all. It's not stooping low, it's exercising your rights as a consumer.

You could always call PCS, explain the situation, and ask if they will amend the price to reflect today's cost. If they say no, cancel and reorder.

If the motherboard's not even in stock they won't have started building it yet, so it's not really putting anyone out. And even if they had started building, that's still your right to cancel.

Prices fluctuate of course. And depending what your spec was, if it had some of the new Ryzen CPUs / mobos or depending on the GPU, it wouldn't surprise me if the new releases had fallen a little in price or caused other components to do likewise.

de4life

Bronze Level Poster
I'd be pretty annoyed if the price changed that much in such a short amount of time tbh. Definitely worth giving PCS a call and asking if they can do anything for you. Otherwise I don't think there's anything wrong with cancelling and re-ordering at the lower price.

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
I probably would, it's 50€ after all. It's not stooping low, it's exercising your rights as a consumer.

You could always call PCS, explain the situation, and ask if they will amend the price to reflect today's cost. If they say no, cancel and reorder.

If the motherboard's not even in stock they won't have started building it yet, so it's not really putting anyone out. And even if they had started building, that's still your right to cancel.

Prices fluctuate of course. And depending what your spec was, if it had some of the new Ryzen CPUs / mobos or depending on the GPU, it wouldn't surprise me if the new releases had fallen a little in price or caused other components to do likewise.

Hey how about this one. So all this time, ever since the Ryzen 3000 series has been launched, the CPUs were bundled with 3 months of Xbox game pass, the day I order my build, they were not showing up. I thought to myself, oh all right the promotion must be over, cool. Lo and behold, now the promotion is up and running again. How funny is that! To be fair, I don't care about the promotion, it's only worth like 12 quids and I have no interest in playing any of those games at the moment. But it's a curious thing. At least I'm still getting 2 free games with nvidia card, that one is present.
I'll just keep monitoring the prices, right now the difference is only worth €36, so I won't change anything. But the next time it "discounts" to more than 50, I'll have a chat with PCS.