Ordered a i7 2600k PC

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
After cancelling my 980x order, I've gone ahead and ordered a Sandy Bridge system...

Case CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 600T GAMING CASE ***NEW***
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.20GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® P8P67 DELUXE: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™ / SLI SUPPORT
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 600GB VELOCIRAPTOR WD6000HLHX, SATA 6-Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (10,000rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£90)
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£175)
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Network Facilities ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£147)

Amended my order to replace the Asus PRO with the higher spec DELUXE model motherboard and went for the Arctic Cooling Paste :) Still tempted by 16GB of RAM but think 8GB should be enough for now.

Last edited:

Tom DWC

This will completely smash any game on the market for some considerable time to come. If the devs are telling the truth then Crysis 2 will look better than Crysis with lower hardware requirements. :D

Yeah 8GB is more than enough (twice as much!) as you need for gaming. Regarding your motherboard question, I honestly have no idea so hopefully somebody else will. :)

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
Sweet. That's a relief. Hopefully PCS will answer my motherboard question before my order starts to be built, just in case I can swap.

bg92

Expert
It would be better If you would call them perhaps tommorow. Other options are to send them a message (You can to this by loggin into the customer section and sending a new message), and sending and email to [email protected]

Meds

Sweet. That's a relief. Hopefully PCS will answer my motherboard question before my order starts to be built, just in case I can swap.

Has somebody got back to you in regards to this? If not, please PM me.

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, all sorted thanks. The DELUXE was put onto the config page for me last night so I amended my order. But for some reason it's gone off the config page again today, replaced by the Maximus 4, not sure if you're aware?? Hope it doesn't affect my order.

Meds

:D No, we haven't forgotten about you!

We are very busy at the moment and we are working towards the back end of our estimated 9 - 13 working day lead time. Unfortunately some orders may go past this lead time but rest assured that we are doing our best to get every PC & Laptop out on time.

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
Chipset issues aside, I've now been waiting 20 days and my pc is still in pre production, I am getting very annoyed!!!

Ryka

Chipset issues aside, I've now been waiting 20 days and my pc is still in pre production, I am getting very annoyed!!!

20 days or 20 working days?

I'm also entering my 16th working day in pre-production tomorrow. Pretty understandable considering the chipset issues though.

MayheM_MakeR

Bronze Level Poster
ouch 20 days D:, ive been in processing for 8 D:, if pre-production is after this and the wait again is 1 week ish, wont be long before the new chipsets arrive lol

this wait is indeed both boring and annoying D:

kpnuts

i ordered on the 15th Jan so im in a similar position to u guys, i7-2600k, i just hope that they temporarily suspend fastrack so we avoid being leapfrogged, otherwise id have def paid the damn thing in the first place!

Mike87

i ordered on the 15th Jan so im in a similar position to u guys, i7-2600k, i just hope that they temporarily suspend fastrack so we avoid being leapfrogged, otherwise id have def paid the damn thing in the first place!

Ordered mine on the 10th Jan, still dont have it. Been stuck at awaiting dispatch since Wednesday last week. I hope i get it soon, the wait is unbearable lol

kpnuts

tell me about it, my pentium 4 is just about keeping me amused for the time being, Crysis will have to wait only a little longer hopefully before it gets its ass handed to it on a plate. ive been told its starting to be built on 2 seperate dates, but both have drifted past whilst in pre-prod, just hope it gets to me next week....