Ordered a new laptop however...

Imogen

Hey everyone. I’m new so I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this sort of thing so please correct me if it isn’t.
I ordered a laptop yesterday, my first custom one but I didn’t order an operating system as I didn’t need to (would usually choose windows 10), however will I still have the RGB keyboard program with my laptop or will I have to download it from the website and where can I do it? It sounds silly me asking but it’s been such a long time since I’ve had to buy a new laptop and have never had a customisable laptop keyboard so wasn’t sure with the program.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's a good question.

Even if you order without Windows 10, the laptop will come with a(n unactivated) Win 10 installation anyway which PCS will have used to test the system before shipping it. You could activate it with your own Windows licence.

However, many people would prefer to do a clean install of Windows. In which case you can get the Clevo Control Centre/ Hotkey / Tongfang's Gaming Centre from the Downloads section of your main PCS account. And you can get it from there any time you do a clean install in the future.

If you use Linux, however, you may find that functionality doesn't work, or requires a lot of fiddling to make it work, especially with certain chassis.