Ordered a PC but thinking of changing GPU!

kennyh123

Hey I ordered the following PC:

Case CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingSTANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)

So I've been thinking about it, and I was wondering if I should go for a 2070S instead of the 2060S. It's about £100 which isn't too bad and I can afford it. What do you think?

Note: My order has been active for 10 days now, been in pre-production for 5 days. Also when I tried to amend the PC, the stock for the 2070S showed an orange dot. Does this mean the part is really low on stock? I don't want to order the part and have to go through processing and pre-production all over again if that's what will happen if I amend the part.

Some other random things I'd like to bring up:
1. I don't have a cooling system, is that okay?
2. I didn't choose an operating system but I'm assuming they will just use an unactivated Windows 10 to install my drivers, set my RAM, etc. then I can just use the unactivated Windows 10 indefinitely, is that correct?
3. If I was to choose a wireless internet adaptor, which one would you recommend from PCS?

Thanks for the help in advance!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Totally depends what screen you’re pairing it with? What make and model?

what’s the build for?

If you order without windows it will come with a test windows but it won’t be configured, you’d have to reinstall and set it up with your own copy.

You’ve got a very slow SATA SSD, an M2 drive would make much more sense.

For WiFi choose the second option.

kennyh123

Totally depends what screen you’re pairing it with? What make and model?

what’s the build for?

If you order without windows it will come with a test windows but it won’t be configured, you’d have to reinstall and set it up with your own copy.

You’ve got a very slow SATA SSD, an M2 drive would make much more sense.

For WiFi choose the second option.

Hey so it's basically gonna be for gaming only, I'm using a AOC 24G2U and want to run games like Valorant, Call of Duty etc. (This PC only needs to last 5 years max before I upgrade).

I'm a little confused with what you mean by the windows OS. Can I just have the test windows version forever and use that? Will I have to reinstall all my drivers if I do end up buying windows 10?

In terms of storage, are you recommending get rid of both of these:

1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
If so what should I be buying instead? Sorry I'm a little confused!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm a little confused with what you mean by the windows OS. Can I just have the test windows version forever and use that? Will I have to reinstall all my drivers if I do end up buying windows 10?
No because it isn't configured. You'd have to reinstall from scratch with your own copy.

I'm using a AOC 24G2U
That's 1080p 144Hz, so there's no benefit to anything over the 1660 Super as the screen is the bottleneck.

In terms of storage, are you recommending get rid of both of these:
No, you've got an old SATA SSD configured which is very slow by todays standards, swap that out for a PCS M2 drive. Keep the storage drive as it is.

kennyh123

No because it isn't configured. You'd have to reinstall from scratch with your own copy.

That's 1080p 144Hz, so there's no benefit to anything over the 1660 Super as the screen is the bottleneck.

No, you've got an old SATA SSD configured which is very slow by todays standards, swap that out for a PCS M2 drive. Keep the storage drive as it is.

Okay thank you so much for your help. So here's what I should amend:
1. Keep the 2060S (I want to make sure I can run games in the future on 1080p 144fps)
2. Buy Windows 10 so they can install all my drivers since I don't want to have to deal with all of that
3. Remove the 500GB Samsung SSD, keep the 1TB Barracuda HDD, add M2 500GB Samsung 970 EVO? It should look like attached picture?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 20.21.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 20.21.51.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 143

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay thank you so much for your help. So here's what I should amend:
1. Keep the 2060S (I want to make sure I can run games in the future on 1080p 144fps)
2. Buy Windows 10 so they can install all my drivers since I don't want to have to deal with all of that
3. Remove the 500GB Samsung SSD, keep the 1TB Barracuda HDD, add M2 500GB Samsung 970 EVO? It should look like attached picture?
Yep, that's right.