ORDERED THIS PC - Opinions

alistairrarh

Case COOLERMASTER COSMOS 1000 SILVER SILENT CASE
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR!
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6950 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
2nd Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6950 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 130MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
3rd Hard Disk NONE
4th Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W TX SERIES (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£99)
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£49)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
3rd Monitor NONE
4th Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Home Installation NONE
Warranty 3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£69)
Data Recovery NONE

Price £1,743.18

Should be coming by the end of this week as its in QC Today

LFFPicard

Godlike
There are a couple things I would change to this if you are able to.

The second Hard drive, I would upgrade to atleasta Caviar Green if not a Caviar Black as they off much better performance to the standard SATA drives.
Also I would recommend downgrading the motherboard to the pro. The sabertooth's thermal armour does block alot of potential upgradablility and you actually get more sockets available for upgrades on the Pro board than the sabertooth.

Hope this helps!

Teaz

Godlike
Adding to LFFPicard comment. If your going for an overclocked pc there is not really any point going for the sabertooth motherboard as it doesnt have alot of overclocking features to make use of the overclocks. Just run on stock clocks which is fine if thats the planned intentions :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
A very nice rig indeed, but I would also echo Picard's sentiments about the HDD. I think PCS should disable the standard SATA drives as soon as you pick anything fancy like 2 6950s (or 580s) or anything that says "Extreme" or "Superawesome" (they really should start using words like that...would sell loads!).

Anyways, good luck with the order, hopefully get it next week if its QCing today. (Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe end of this week if one is a lucky monkey!)

DED

alistairrarh

Thanks for the tips guys, i have taken your advice onboard. Once i have a bit of cash again will probably get some new hard drives to go into it anyway so will remember your suggestions when looking for the parts.

Once it gets here, will put some pics up and will probably do a power test video or something along those lines.

I figure it would be helpful for people looking to buy a pc similar to this one.

LFFPicard

Godlike
It's already in QC when OP posted.

While this is true I put "If you are able to" as when you order a PC from PCS you are informed of the costs of amendments at each stage. I think Pre-production amendments are free but by the time you get to QC the cost for amending the order is about £35 if I remember. So while it is still possible it does cost a bit.

Fear

Prolific Poster
While this is true I put "If you are able to" as when you order a PC from PCS you are informed of the costs of amendments at each stage. I think Pre-production amendments are free but by the time you get to QC the cost for amending the order is about £35 if I remember. So while it is still possible it does cost a bit.

Sorry no offence meant just i could not see anybody altering at this stage just think of the delays :(

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Mate, I have just one of those 6950 2gbs in my rig, and they are brilliant cards that just fly through anything; the latest catalyst 11.4 drivers are solid; the card is near silent; runs nice and cool; and not had a problem at all ....you have 2!! Lucky sod :) :) :) :) :) Enjoy......I know you will.

alistairrarh

Well I am now wanting to get back from 6th form asap. Just been delivered and I want to go set it up already :L

Will load pics up.