Ordering an Inferno without a hard drive + OS

Red0x

Is this possible? How would one accomplish this? I see that you now equip this laptop with a Matte screen as standard which was the only thing stopping me from ordering it a good 4 or 5 months ago. I already have an (albeit older) SSD + OS knocking about so I'd rather install these and set it all up myself if possible?

Cheers!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
you will have to call pcs, am sure you will be able to though.

although with the current ssd pricing it would be a real bargain to get a nice new ssd for it.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I believe it's possible to send PCS the SSD you have for them to install,they may even install the OS you have as long as it's genuine,but you would need to phone PCS to confirm this.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If you call us on 0844 499 4000 after having saved a quote on our website, we can arrange for you to send in your SSD and genuine copy of Windows and will will install it for you free of charge. :)

LinearLux

Bronze Level Poster
It's this sort of customisation that sets PCS above everyone else! Glad I ordered from them! :D

ajrp111

I just rang up to ask the exact same question and I got told it was not possible, that I had to make the order first because everything needs testing, then they would refund me for the hard drive that I don't want. I already have an OS and a hard drive (and some spare ram but apparently I cant do that either). Depending on price I would probably buy new anyway, but this has got me confused. Is this possible or not?