"Orders Dispatched Within..." question

radhumble

I'm just curious whether the "% of Orders Dispatched Within... " refers to work days or calender days, I've looked around a bit and wasn't too sure.

Thanks in advance guys!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm just curious whether the "% of Orders Dispatched Within... " refers to work days or calender days, I've looked around a bit and wasn't too sure.

Thanks in advance guys!
It's work days, it's a little unclear, but all references of days on the site are work days which are Monday to Friday and don't include bank holidays.

radhumble

Ah thanks guys, I was afraid that was the case! So if the average order is dispatched within 24 work days; you're looking at little under a month and a week?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ah thanks guys, I was afraid that was the case! So if the average order is dispatched within 24 work days; you're looking at little under a month and a week?

Indeed. There are global shortages on MANY parts leading to stock limitations.
The current pandemic means that staff numbers are lower than normal and deliveries are fewer and far between across all business links.
Due to furlough and working from home, demand is higher than the norm and the queues are only getting bigger.

Unfortunately this is going to be the case for any and all custom PC suppliers so you just need to pick which queue you want to join :)

radhumble

Indeed. There are global shortages on MANY parts leading to stock limitations.
The current pandemic means that staff numbers are lower than normal and deliveries are fewer and far between across all business links.
Due to furlough and working from home, demand is higher than the norm and the queues are only getting bigger.

Unfortunately this is going to be the case for any and all custom PC suppliers so you just need to pick which queue you want to join :)

Ah, I see, thank you for the context! Luckily I'm 4 working days into my order so just a little over a month to go if all goes well!

macjim

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, mine was 20 WD, 28 Calendar - arrives tomorrow :)

Processed Date21-05-2020
Pre-Production Date22-05-2020
Build Date17-06-2020
Test Date17-06-2020
Awaiting Dispatch Date18-06-2020
Dispatch Date18-06-2020

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, mine was 20 WD, 28 Calendar - arrives tomorrow :)

Nice! Be like a child on Christmas day now I'm sure!

Like a lot of other people, finding the delays tough. When i ordered i was quoted 13-15 days. This had come up from 10-12 days over the week whilst I'd been procrastinating getting my order in. At WD11 its now looking like its another fortnight of twiddling thumbs at least but good to see they got through build and test very quickly.

When looking at the Order Dispatched data i had hoped the references to 7, 14, 21 days etc had been calendar weeks so little disappointed to hear its work days - just felt would be very odd to show on that basis as 7 days is actually more like 9 days irl - think should really just show the calendar week data / or change it to 5WD splits cause that's more helpful for people working out likely timescales.

I'm all for cutting companies some slack at the current moment but its like that typical British first world problem. This queue i joined seems to be taking forever, and now i see it loops right around the block - that queue looks like its going faster - why oh why didn't i just join that queue... :(

Sure when it finally comes the delay will fade into insignificance so keep looking forward to it!

I'm in the same boat, was estimated as 12-14 days, that became 16 days after an email about 10 days ago and now at 18 days and still in Pre-Production and have been told it could be another week before its built. I'm not knocking anyone, no one is at fault for this situation but can't hide my frustration :(

I feel your pain! Mine was set to be built early this week but got delayed waiting for a part to arrive. The part arrived the next day but the build's been put back to (hopefully) next week.
Nothing I can do about it but it's still massively frustrating, I'm told they have all the parts in stock but that's what they said before the delay 😬

PcPip

I phoned last week and was told it would be built at the start of this week, but I phoned yesterday and was told it would be next Monday at the earliest :( currently on day 20. I know the wait will be worth it though

thyuro

Processed Date29-05-2020
Pre-Production Date05-06-2020
still in pre-production and that will make a total of 16 working day.... very frustrating. :cry:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've posted this on a similar thread, it's worth posting on this one too...

Please everyone, we know that there are serious issues with PCS's build estimates at the moment.

I do know that PCS are well aware of your frustrations and that your complaints here are not falling on deaf ears. I don't work for PCS though (none of the moderators do) so I have no idea what PCS's plans are nor how they intend to move forward in the current emergency, but we do know that they are aware of the problem.

I recognise that posting your individual build progress (or lack of it) is a way of mutually supporting one another and something of an outlet for your frustrations. As long as these remain friendly, factual and reasonable there is no problem in continuing to post them if you feel you need to.

However, posts that in any way discredit PCS or make wild unsubstantiated claims about how they operate (or how they should operate) will be modified or deleted. I have already deleted unacceptable content from one recent post on another thread, some users have received warnings and some banned (on another thread).