Out of range After installing video driver?!

Paulika

Hello i have a problem with my new pc.
After i install graphic driver , just before windows login i got a message OUT OF RANGE 11,6khz/22hz, but is there just for half second and after dissapear and log in windows .All is good i can do everything in windows, play games on good details with no problems, i test my video card on 3dmark 13 and the score is good like on all reviews .

If uninstall graphic driver, that out of range message is gone!
I know this warning could be from big resolution and refresh rate but i set them lower and still same problem.
So where can be the problem, can be something faulty? I think not because all parts are new.
I changed vga cable and still same little problem.

Mobo Asus h81m plus, Intel i5 4460, psu antec 550w, 4gb ddr 3 1600 kingstone, ssd crucial 120gb,hdd seagate 1tb,Video amd R7 265 Sapphire 2gb, monitor lg w1934s
Help me please
Thank you!!!

Last edited:

steaky360

Hi and welcome to the forums!

My screen flickers on and off during the windows boot up. If its not happening at any other time (once the PC is fully 'on') then I wouldn't say its a problem personally.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If all works fine once Windows boots I really wouldn't worry. You need to bear in mind that during booting the software environment is pretty fluid as Windows is started and the "error" message may simply be because expected Windows components are not yet present.

I have seen other PCs and laptops (not PCS ones I should add) that produce odd little error messages at boot and yet which ran perfectly. Have you ever watched a Linux system boot (the earlier ones where you got screen full of text messages as processes were started)? The error messages you'd see in there would give you a heart attack, yet the system always ran perfectly once boot was finished.

It really doesn't matter how it boots, it's whether it works properly once booted. And from what you say it does. So enjoy your new PC and stop worrying.

:)

Paulika

Hi and thank you its my first topic here:)
The problem is why with my old pc it doesnt show me that message?!
How i said if i uninstall video driver is all good... If i put any video driver i get that out of range message(but at least windows works normal).
Maybe could be a problem with my graphic card? But i tested in 3d mark and in games And seems ok..

P.s: i put other bigger monitor and even with video driver installed its working fine, not message anymore!!! But why where could be the problem anybody know??
Thank youuu guyss

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi and thank you its my first topic here:)
The problem is why with my old pc it doesnt show me that message?!
How i said if i uninstall video driver is all good... If i put any video driver i get that out of range message(but at least windows works normal).
Maybe could be a problem with my graphic card? But i tested in 3d mark and in games And seems ok..

P.s: i put other bigger monitor and even with video driver installed its working fine, not message anymore!!! But why where could be the problem anybody know??
Thank youuu guyss

As the others have said, when booting, the drivers flash on and off at various times and sometimes there'll be a moment where display signal isn't actually being sent. The message you're seeing is from the display rather than the computer just notifying you're not getting a signal. Mine says "no signal" in those moments, each manufacturer has a different message. It's nothing to worry about.