Out of the box Genesis IV on board mouse buttons not working.

Makinami

I just received my laptop this morning (pics to follow in another topic/thread) And out of the box, the on board mouse is failing to respond to any button presses. Only double tapping the pad works. I checked the device tab, and all drivers are installed and show as working. Any suggestions would be great at this time. I thought about using a USB mouse and re-installing the drivers for the mouse, but I thought I might loose it all together.

Many thanks in advance.

Makinami

Check all the trackpad settings, you might find the buttons have been disabled.

Ok i found some settings (Mouse Properties) for the track pad (swipe options) but nothing for resetting/enable buttons... Am I missing something? is there another settings thing somewhere?

Pagey

Bright Spark
If you're using the "elan Smart-Pad", the same as me, there should be three tabs:

One-finger
Multi-finger
Additional

Each of those tabs has sub-sections:

The "One-finger" is the one you're after. Second option down should be "Button", click that and on the right should give options for the buttons.

Makinami

I got the three tabs and the button settings, but still no joy here. I appreciate the suggestion greatly, but sadly nothing changed. I may try and re-install the drivers now. I'll keep looking for any other possible solutions too.

POST UPDATED
Driver re-install fixed issues with the non functioning buttons.
Again, Many thanks to Pagey for your suggestions.

Last edited: