Overclockable BIOS?

Meladath

Hey there, I was wondering about buying a genesis III with the i3 2350m, and 2gb of 1333MHz ram.
I was wondering if it would be possible once I get the laptop to swap the CPU and RAM out for an i7 2670QM, and 8gb of 1600MHz ram, and then selling the old components.
I'm asking because I know that 1600MHz RAM usually requires manually setting (overclocking) in the BIOS, I was wondering if this would/is possible?

Thanks.

AndyL

No, the BIOS will not let you overclock. However you can still use the 1600MHz RAM without overclocking.

Meladath

Does it run at 1600MHz natively then? Not set to 1333MHz? I know my desktop ran it at 1333MHz until I set it to 1600MHz manually, and I don't want that to happen because obviously you just said you can't manually set it.
Great, would it be possible to install a i7-2670QM into the genesis III or does the chassis not support it?
I only ask because you can't select it from the options on the website, I don't understand why it wouldn't support it, it's the same chipset as other laptops that do, and the socket is the same as the other processors on the list, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Last edited: