Overclocked, set back to default and still getting display driver crashes

jakesmith

Hi, I recently purchased and installed the galax hof 970 in my machine.
I overclocked it normally and started to get errors (artifacting,display driver crashes) when I reached a certain point which was to be expected during stability testing. I set the core clocks speed and the memory clock speed back down to the default values however the display driver is now crashing still in any benchmark and game I start up. I didn't exceed 60 degrees when overclocking. I also uninstalled the software I was using to overclock completely in a hope to get things back to normal.
Any idea as to what I did?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
clean installation of the drivers, ie removed the drivers and then do a fresh installation of the latest driver. 60 degrees seems very low for an overclocked 970, are you sure?

Other than that you may have a faulty card, did you stress it before any overclocking?

jakesmith

Thanks for the reply. I think those temps are correct. I used multiple temp monitoring programs to make sure it was right. Gpu z, speccy, evga precision x, afterburner etc (precision x and afterburner were not running at the same time as each other).
I ran a few benchmarks before I started overclocking. After clean driver installations and such the problem seems to be fixed in most benchmarks and games apart from metro last light which has a display driver crash soon after starting up.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Is the game itself updated correctly? That's about all I can think of if its only occurring in that one game after a clean installation fixed every other one.