Overheating battery on an Optimus IV

Pagey

Bright Spark
Ok, I've only just noticed this lately and it's beginning to worry me a little, couldn't see any other posts regarding this but maybe someone has a similar experience.

Simply the battery is only overheating when I'm gaming on the laptop without the mains plugged in. I realize the laptop is drawing a high current from the battery leading to overheating, but has anyone else noticed similar battery heating when pushing the laptop when it's not plugged in?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I see nobody has had a similar issue then? How hot does the battery get? By overheating do you mean too hot to touch? I assume the laptop is on a cooling pad? Like the rest of the laptop it needs an air gap under it to get rid of the excess heat.

I'd expect the battery to get hot, all that power has to come from somewhere :). I'd even expect it to get hot enough to be very uncomfortable on bare skin for example. It sounds like yours is getting hotter even than that? I'd call PCS I think.

Pagey

Bright Spark
Cheers for the input dude, I've been meaning to record the temperatures just to put my mind at ease and give an indication on the temperatures.

I've ordered myself A "Coolermaster Notepal U2" from Play yesterday, hopefully should keep the 2nd HDD temperatures a little lower too.

Once I get some "real" temperature readings I'll get in touch with PCS and see what they say.